Lynn Nickerson (1 Viewer)

Jenn

Nitro Member
Does anybody know about the condition of the Division 4 announcer, Lynn Nickerson? Last I had heard was that the cancer was shrinking but hadn't heard anything new.

ive been thinking about him but haven't heard anything.
alan, you know anything new?

I haven't heard anything in a couple of weeks, I'll call tonight and see if I can get Lynn to answer or call me back, there are times when he's very difficult to get a hold of.

Unk

This is obviously dated but he did travel to the Rusk divisional in late May and spent some time on the PA.

Lynn is a great guy, and knows the power of a positive outlook.

He was clearly on an upswing health wise.

Jeff

Just got off the phone with Lynn, he's sounding REALLY good!

Will be going back in soon for another scan soon, cancer is shrinking, but still not gone. The next scan will show where they are in the treatment process and provide direction as to what the next step in his treatmenet process will be.

Right now Lynn is planning on being @ Shreveport for the next D-4 LODRS in September, and that's GREAT news.

Lynn WAS @ Rusk, TX for the last LODRS in D-4 and although he showed the signs (lost weight & hair) of his treatment, his being there was a big boost to all of us that call Lynn a friend. He sounds better now than he did when he was @ Rusk, and it's so good to hear the positive spirit in his voice.

He told me to tell everyone thanks for checking up on him, but to also keep those prayers going,,,,, his battle isn't over yet, but everyone's support is certainly helping!

Unk

That certainly sounds encouraging. While I've only met the man once, I know he's a friend to you and several others around here. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

Seeing Lynn at Rusk really was a treat, and you could see in his eyes just how much it meant to him to be around his racing family. :)

I've never met Lynn, but I remember in the Houston Winner's circle in '05-'06 I saw him interviewing drivers. I had Never seen a Black race announcer before, so I guess he's a pioneer of sorts.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back