Lucas Oil Northstar Nationals (1 Viewer)

Brainerd is AWESOME on so many levels. Where else can you bring a jet car out to the campground and do that. Where else can Scott Palmer bring out a nitro powered margarita machine belching flames and wack the throttle 8 times then party with the people like he's one of us. That's only 2 things out of the hundreds that go on up there.

The people you meet over the years. Some of these people you only see one week a year, but when you get back together, it's like seeing your brothers and sisters like you just talked to them last week. I met my best friend at BIR when our dads camped next to each other by chance back when we were 12. I would not have met my wife if not for that happening.

Most of the drivers and crew come out and hang with the people. It's not over run with fans asking for autographs and pictures, most feel it's awesome just knowing they are out there in the same circle just hanging out. Some wear team shirts, some don't. You could be hanging out back there and be shoulder to shoulder with Rahn Tobler, Jimmy Prock, or Steve Torrence just like anybody else.

I'd like to echo what Ron Capps said over the PA with Jed and all he put into that place. It's all true, and it's a shame he's gone.

Paul, was that you interviewing the drivers at the top end?

Lohnes talks to much,i k ow its his job but he could talk some less,what happened to sounds of the strip? Seems alot less this year,maybe they like to hear themselves talk??? Id like an event announcerless available and just sounds of the strip with et and mph shown,that would be great!!!

not what i meant, i meant you could hear the cars instead of the announcers all the time

Funny you mention this. I opened the video the op posted. Once I realized it was a 47+ minute video, I randomly clicked forward to the 13 minute mark. At this moment, Dave McClelland was talking and talking and talking as Gwynn and Snow staged their dragsters. He talked all the way up until they were both fully staged. I'm laughing over here cause this must mean you have hated all the announcers and how much they talk since at least 1988. 😂😅

100,000 tickets.......look at my #9 post in this thread. panaramic shot sunday afternoon. 2nd rnd. you see the large bleachers, a few fans packed in around ground level behind starting line, you have
small bleachers from around half track to 900', then a zoo of humanity on the fence from 900' to 1320'. plus the two tower side bleachers that i'd say were half full. someone correct me if i'm wrong,
but i think BIR's bleachers hold around 2Ok......so with overflow you could argue there may have been 20k viewing on sunday. i'd say the same about saturday, and maybe 10-15k on friday. now most
of those folks viewing all 3 days are the same individuals........all this being said, the new policy this year was your gate admission ticket included a seat. so the true count was not how many bleacher
seats were full, but how many tickets were sold at the front gate, which is a sum total of super week, multi-day, and individual day tickets. lets not forget additional crew tickets, which also factor into
this count. are there folks millling around that never see a race but have a ticket? for sure there are.......were 100k tickets sold? they say they did. you can pull a camper into the zoo on wednesday and
you will be in the back forty and feel lucky to find a decent camp site. the place is packed every year, and this year was no different.

So NHRA sold 100,000 tickets. This would have bin the biggest news for the NHRA in decades. I looked at the NHRA home page
no news, they would have ran with this for days to come. BS

Why would it be the "biggest news in NHRA" when it happens every year? The campground alone has 60-70k people in there. Why would it be so difficult to believe there are another 10k/day daytime spectators showing up? Look at @Mike Larson pics. Thats maybe half of it.

posted this in 'leah' thread. posting it again here. zoom up on this. bleachers still packed, and this is the pro finals going off
oh, and a sidenote. we were in the 'wheelie bar' earlier on sunday and we think stephen pearcy was there (singer for ratt)

Attachments

• IMG_5922.JPG
    8.9 MB · Views: 19
Why would it be the "biggest news in NHRA" when it happens every year? The campground alone has 60-70k people in there. Why would it be so difficult to believe there are another 10k/day daytime spectators showing up? Look at @Mike Larson pics. Thats maybe half of it
Sorry you are right. looked at the jet fire up Sat night. Now i know what 60k to 70k fans look like. LMFAO

Paul,

Saturday and Sunday were an absolute joy listening to you, and you're a welcome addition to the list of top end interviewers.

You did an outstanding job, and I hope you are going to be interviewing again and again. A dream come true?
You have always been the Lewis Bloom of knowledge here, and I wish you the best given the opportunity you have.

Capps and Erica seemed to be looking up at the sun during your questions. lol
You're tall and they're short.

Awesome job!

ps. SPF-200 sunscreen

👍👍

It could have just been the meds I was on though...
Well then I thought you did a great job. Must have been a dream interviewing all the favorite drivers you grew up watching as a fan.

Thanks guys, a dream come true indeed.

Funny you mention this. I opened the video the op posted. Once I realized it was a 47+ minute video, I randomly clicked forward to the 13 minute mark. At this moment, Dave McClelland was talking and talking and talking as Gwynn and Snow staged their dragsters. He talked all the way up until they were both fully staged. I'm laughing over here cause this must mean you have hated all the announcers and how much they talk since at least 1988. 😂😅
At least you could still hear the cars,all you hear now is announcer sound being louder than the cars. If nhratv had a announcerless show id sign up in a heartbeat

posted this in 'leah' thread. posting it again here. zoom up on this. bleachers still packed, and this is the pro finals going off
oh, and a sidenote. we were in the 'wheelie bar' earlier on sunday and we think stephen pearcy was there (singer for ratt)
That's me on the far right with the blue and white baseball shirt and black hat.

At least you could still hear the cars,all you hear now is announcer sound being louder than the cars. If nhratv had a announcerless show id sign up in a heartbeat
You can do that now if you turned the volume down ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back