Looks like NHRA has another one to ban from their tracks. (1 Viewer)

I was born & raised in Glendale, Calif (LA area). It used to be a good place to live (except for the quakes), but not anymore. It's like those in power have gone so far to the dark side that they can't see reality anymore. Battery powered cars will affect the ozone. The end result would be worse than running cars on gasoline. Oh yeah, don't forget they hate car racing of any kind and would love to kill motorsports.

My personal favorite is those driving their Leaf or whatever with logos or bumper stickers proclaiming "Zero Emissions"
Yeah, as long as you ignore the the emissions resulting from manufacturing; the toxic waste of spent batteries, and the coal-fired power plant generating the electricity to charge it.

My personal favorite is those driving their Leaf or whatever with logos or bumper stickers proclaiming "Zero Emissions"
Yeah, as long as you ignore the the emissions resulting from manufacturing; the toxic waste of spent batteries, and the coal-fired power plant generating the electricity to charge it.

Oh, Don't forget nuclear power plants! What happens to the spent rods? They bury them.

I'm waiting for people to realize how those car's batteries are made and what elements must be mined to create them, and how you have to deal with them when they are past their useful life.

The fuel may be somewhat cleaner, but the "gas tank" part has some issues to be worked.

With 65% of electricity coming from fossil fuels, and 20% nuclear .... and the substantial losses in transporting and storing electricity .... we are a long, long way from truly addressing the root issue. The manufacturers are just gearing up to provide the placebo effect, in fairly large measure, as I assume they hope science catches up.

Yeah, How much would those batteries cost without Coal???

You need a 70 amp service to charge these electric cars. If a bunch of your neighbors buys them, the electric grid cannot handle the load. Electric cars solve what the government wants and that is to limit our mobility! NO THANK YOU!

The batteries are an environmental disaster, google where the elements are mined in Canada, nothing grows for miles.
How do you charge batteries, electricity, where does that come from? Oh yea the little wires that come into my house.

Just so you know... Lithium is found in igneous rock formations. If there's a large enough deposit to mine, I suspect there's enough igneous rock to cover a pretty expansive area. That's not a beneficial place for plants to grow and it's not just because of the lithium they mine.

Cobalt is mostly formed as a byproduct of mining other heavy metals such as nickel. It's also mined from brine pools. Nickel itself, which would be in larger concentrations than cobalt, is essential for healthy plant life. At the risk of repeating myself, theyre all mined from different types of ore, a rock formation. Same thing applies. If there's enough to mine, it's obviously not an area conducive to plant life due to all the ROCK.

Yea, the stuff is toxic, too. Apparently people in the Congo have health issues attributed to it but they have no safety regulations, either. But you can't just say it's the sole reason why it's looks like it does in the areas it's found without looking at the entire picture.

Last edited:
You need a 70 amp service to charge these electric cars. If a bunch of your neighbors buys them, the electric grid cannot handle the load. Electric cars solve what the government wants and that is to limit our mobility! NO THANK YOU!

This is not true. You can plug them into your standard 120V/15-20A house outlets. However, it will take 24 hours to do a full charge. Most people have an electrician come to their home and install a 240V/50A circuit for their car chargers, which cuts charging time down to about 8 hours. The Tesla Super Charging stations are 480V (not sure on the amps) which bring charging time down to 30 minutes or less.

All times listed assume nearly empty battery to full charge for Teslas. Not sure about Nissan Leafs or Chevy Volts, but I would assume they will charge quicker because they have less range than the Teslas.

A person that I know had a Leaf and didn't have an outlet for 240v installed outside his house just 120v and it would take 24 hrs. Not sure about the 480v setup for residential especially the neighborhoods that have underground wiring. I'm not a certified electrician but I did have a good night's sleep in a Holiday Inn Express. lol.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back