Look at all that moisture by Herbert's scoop! (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
Did anybody else see that slowmo replay of the Herbert/Kalitta pass? Wow, I've never seen moisture like that near the scoop! :eek:

Did anybody else see that slowmo replay of the Herbert/Kalitta pass? Wow, I've never seen moisture like that near the scoop! :eek:
herbertcm6.jpg

I am glad to see that somebody else saw it. Actually looked like fuel being sucked out??? weird... Anybody know?:confused:

What you're seeing is not that unusual in high humidity. It's the water being squeezed out of the air as the molecules compress together on their way into the supercharger.

What you're seeing is not that unusual in high humidity. It's the water being squeezed out of the air as the molecules compress together on their way into the supercharger.

Yup, thats correct. We used to see this a lot on real humid days when the fuel cars whack the throttle to seat the clutch.

and speaking of scoops, how about bob v.'s?
left to right opening seems wider than others?
anyone know anything?

I kinda figured it had to be somethinng like that, I'd just never seen it in such detail before. Looked like somebody had a garden hose pointed at the injector with all that water.

I "think" that the same thing was happening off the wing on Shu's car in the final. Thought that maybe it was my eyes...:p

Watching in hi-def slo-mo we all tend to forget that 300+mph is really fast -- and all kinds of interesting things happen at those speeds :)

I kinda figured it had to be somethinng like that, I'd just never seen it in such detail before. Looked like somebody had a garden hose pointed at the injector with all that water.

Its really cool to see chemistry work the way it does, in front of our eyes. I have seen it more direct, as in right at the entrance to the butterflies. Maybe the air enters the scoops differently? I don't know.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back