London Photos (1 Viewer)

Nice pictures. Would love to go to London sometime but it would cut into the race trip budget so it's gonna have to wait a while.

After posting a couple of pics in Alan's thread on digital cameras I figured I would share my photos with the anyone who is interesterd in seeing them. Sorry Joe, no Eye Candy shots :)

jamesvail's photos and albums on webshots

That's Ok Jim, I bet you had a good time! I'd love to go to the UK, but becasue of the current exchange rate I hear it's Outragiously expensive! This couple I know went there and Scotland for their Honeymoon, and the people in London don't care for American's much. Everytime they spoke they got looks if they were overheard.

That's Ok Jim, I bet you had a good time! I'd love to go to the UK, but becasue of the current exchange rate I hear it's Outragiously expensive! This couple I know went there and Scotland for their Honeymoon, and the people in London don't care for American's much. Everytime they spoke they got looks if they were overheard.

We had a blast. It was my first time and my wifes 3rd, she spent a semester in college there. The exchange rate is killer, about 2 US dollars to 1 Pound Sterling. We stayed about a mile from Buckingham Palace at a Comfort Inn for 9 nights at about $200 a night. But when on vacation in a foreign country it is like you are spending monopoly money. It is like it is not real as it has is funny looking people on it. But sometimes you have to bite the bullet, we could have done a Disney trip or another trip to Hawaii and spent the same there that we spent in London, in the end it is all in what you make it. We found the people there to be great. Like anywhere though if you come across like the "Ugly American" you can be treated that way. Things are different there even though we speak the same laguage. A 4 to 5 start hotel there is more like a 2to 3 star here. You don't nesessarly tip in a pub when you order a beer, it is included, also makes it easier after a few pints, no thinking :D

Looks like I will be doing G'vill this year, if you are going to be there I will tell you all about the trip.

Things are different there even though we speak the same laguage. A 4 to 5 start hotel there is more like a 2to 3 star here. You don't nesessarly tip in a pub when you order a beer, it is included, also makes it easier after a few pints, no thinking :D

Looks like I will be doing G'vill this year, if you are going to be there I will tell you all about the trip.

I also heard the Food's overcooked at most places, and a 12 oz. drink is considered Large!

I had heard from a friend who spent a lot of time in Both England and Australia told me Aussie land is far more Westernized than the UK.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back