Lohnes gets lead announcing duties for Fox in 19 (1 Viewer)

Congrats to you, Brian.

As a Sportman racer (Stock Eliminator), I respect and appriciate the time and effort you give to the Sportsman catagories.

brian, you just go buy yourself a dodge aspen, and it'll be just like the old days :D.......great move. the best talent in the best spot.

brian, you just go buy yourself a dodge aspen, and it'll be just like the old days :D.......great move. the best talent in the best spot.

as a Mopar fan, this has to be the first time I've ever heard anyone encouraging someone to "go buy a Dodge Aspen"~:)~

Good for Brian he deserves a shot at making the TV call. Is Dave still going to be involved in the broadcast or All Access ?in any way. Imagine Brian and Mike Dunn working together. .......that would be prime time!

Let's start screaming to get Bangshift Chad in the booth with Lohnes.

One of my favorite all access moments was listening to Lohnes call class eliminations at Indy. The dude really gets it and you can hear the smoke and noise from the track in his voice. Plus, the dude can flat out turn a phrase like some of the old school announcers (Partirdge, Lundberg, etc.)

Props to NHRA and Fox for manning up and getting us a great announcer.

Thanks to Dave for all his hard work and extreme dedication to the sport. Announcers don't just put on a headset and press go. There's much hard work and preparedness.

Best of luck to Brian. Looking forward to Pomona!

Im a little confused. I think the problem is tony not dave. Tony was a great racer but he just isn’t cut out for announcing. And now that he’s been at it for a while you can’t blame it on inexperience or nerves. He’s just bad at it period. He is obviously knowledgeable but he starts talking and fizzles out. Rarely completing a thought. Good luck to Brian. He says he’s working with tony in the off season. I’ll be amazed if he can improve his performance

I’m excited for Brian. Has anyone heard what Dave will be doing? For a guy who didn’t come from a racing background, Dave has really become very passionate about drag racing. I hope he will still be part of it in some capacity. Tony was a great racer, but he’s just not as comfortable in the booth as he was in the cockpit.

That’s awesome, Brian does an outstanding job.
So is Dave out completely?
Dustin, Part of my reason for starting this thread was to make sure I understood that Dave was out. Last night I noticed that Alan sent a tweet that congratulated Brian and wished Dave the best as he moved on .... that's about as clear as I've seen it. Makes me wonder if there were some multi-year contracts in place for these guys that didn't line up the same, and Dave's was the one that was up.

I always thought his yelling and screaming hurt IHRA.

You are talking about the late Brian Olson I believe. A great friend and an awesome announcer.

I do not feel that I have a “yelling and screaming” style. I helped Brian slide a new set of pistons and rods into his voice more than a couple Sunday mornings.

RIP BO...one fun guy.

Brian

I always liked Dave Reiff and thought his enthusiasm for the sport and the people in it was genuine. I hope he finds something soon and wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back