Lohnes gets lead announcing duties for Fox in 19 (1 Viewer)

Jeff

Nitro Member
While I'll miss Brian on the PA for All Access and at the races we get to attend, he'll do great on Fox and congratulations to him.

I guess this is in place of Dave Rief ... which is a bit surprising to me.

This was a great move! Brian does a great job on All Access and the work he has done on Fox. Congrats Brian!

Has this been verified? Link?
If it’s true, it’s a great move by Fox. I just hope they don’t keep Rieff and use Lohnes in place of Tony.
But, if Rieff is gone, that’s one less JFR cheerleader.

His knowledge and enthusiasm has made my listening experience at the track and on All Access very enjoyable. Hoping that his biting wit and off the cuff comments are not stifled. Congrats!

Thanks for the positive words, guys (and girls).

This is a day for the books. I spoke witness Dave today and he is as awesomely professional as he has ever been. It was a positive conversation and it speaks to his character in volumes.

Tony and I have a good relationship and we’ve got a winter schedule worked out to do a load of stuff to prime us for Pomona. I am happy to say that the creative process is in overdrive and 2019 will present itself differently than 2018.

I’m not here to politic for anyone’s opinion but I am here to tell you that giving both of us a fair shot would be cool.

Thanks again. As a guy who started calling test and tunes at Lebanon Valley and Epping while sleeping in my truck as a kid this is as big a deal as it gets.

The room we broadcast from in Epping is where I would sleep and do my homework on weekends in college. It’s truly mind boggling that this has come to pass.

Cheers,

Brian

His knowledge and genuine enthusiasm puts him on another level. Me and my son have had conversations regarding his tech segments. He clearly explains everything and we are never lost or confused. I have seen very few that can do it. My opinion of course.

Last edited:
I'll be watching the racing on All Access but for the times I cannot this will be a welcome change. Great to have him aboard although I'll miss hearing his voice on the PA.

It's definitely trending where the hardcore fan views through AllAccess. I typically get as much All Access as I can for Fri-Sun, then watch the DVR version of Sunday in small segments Monday through approximately Wednesday of the next week (I don't watch much TV). Sometimes I'm surprised by what I pick up watching the Fox version (probably because I'm as much focused on the Sportsman as the Pros when following on All Access).

Its got to be a very tough job talking for a living, but having a great base of knowledge to talk from is what makes our favorite announcers great. That's probably what's occasionally frustrating about T'Ped .... he starts talking about stuff he doesn't know and he either trails off into silence or jumbles his words because he doesn't KNOW the topic like the back of his hand.

Congrats to Brian, I've always liked his work so far. I did like Dave but maybe Brian can make Tony worth listening too.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back