Live Feed Topeka Div Race (1 Viewer)

So we have posts that indicate no U.S. Nationals and no HPT national event. Without any support or even a reference to where the info came from other than "I was told." Apparently no one told NHRA or HPT as there is nothing indicating that on their websites.

It appears there are some out there that are hoping NHRA will fail so they can say I told you so.

So, I heard from someone that Christmas and Thanksgiving are being canceled this year.

My fat fingers missed putting into my first response what event I was talking about. Just now I was told there may not be a US Nationals this year getting pretty crazy out there.q
C'mon Jesse, really ?? Do we really need more rumors driven by panic and fear ... you know "I heard from a guy who knows someone who's boss said". Geez, as has been said on here by others more than once, anyone who claims they know the NHRA plan or has inside information is lying.

Give it a rest.

Ughh ... so frustrating. Enough said :mad:

C'mon Jesse, really ?? Do we really need more rumors driven by panic and fear ... you know "I heard from a guy who knows someone who's boss said". Geez, as has been said on here by others more than once, anyone who claims they know the NHRA plan or has inside information is lying.

Give it a rest.

Ughh ... so frustrating. Enough said :mad:
I don't make rumors a friend came by shop today and he's leaving Monday for Regional at Indy and there will be a decision made after that, it takes a lot of money to run an event and with very few spectators attending NHRA national events has put a hurt on the financial situation. I hope it will happen same as everyone else. By the way I never said it was canceled but it doesn't look good. Time will tell

Why would there be no US Nationals? We are going to have our 3rd national event in Indy next weekend that's going to have nearly every class the NHRA has to offer. Could the US Nationals have a cap on the # of people? My guess is that it's very likely, but to say it's canceled might be getting ahead of ourselves given we are planning on racing there next weekend. As far as Topeka, I have no clue what's going on in Kansas.

I guess besides the constant threat of schedule changes based upon the pandemic, the big question is how much financial pain the NHRA can withstand by running these events with small crowds. And the U.S. Nationals has the biggest number of cars, and therefore payouts. We’ll see...

i hope the nhra can increase car counts for US Nationals; notably sportsman. if spectator count is abbreviated, and camping is not allowed, wouldn't there be a possibility to expand the social distanced
sportsman pits across the road into the campground? ........ how did the pits look last weekend at HPT with 700+ cars there? i've heard tracks want 30' between rigs.

Just announced this morning that HPT National event has been postponed till Fall so just like all other events that have been postponed it won't happen this year.

i hope the nhra can increase car counts for US Nationals; notably sportsman. if spectator count is abbreviated, and camping is not allowed, wouldn't there be a possibility to expand the social distanced
sportsman pits across the road into the campground? ........ how did the pits look last weekend at HPT with 700+ cars there? i've heard tracks want 30' between rigs.
Even if you park them side by side the doors would be more than 30 ft apart

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back