Lions Drag Strip Pda Race This Weekend (1 Viewer)

Hey Doug, does she know that???????????(LOL)

Should be a lot of fun. Hope to see some of you there.

Hey Mike

Wish I could make it sounds awesome, but I will be in the oven at Auto Club Dragway at Ca Speedway. Summit series Sat and NHRA Summit King of the Track on Sunday, I was just checking weather forecast 103 Sat only 105 in Fontana Sunday have fun in Long Beach.

My daugther Jessica is going to take my dad over to get a load of Nitro!

James

n

Mike, I can't get the link to work. What's this all about? Anything Lions or PDA and I'm interested.

Doug Kruse is putting this deal on saturday from 11am to 5pm in Bixby Knolls. From the 405 take the Atlantic North exit and go to north to Carson where the streets will be closed. Fuel cars fire up at noon 2 and 4.

Dave who??? I believe they qualified in the top half of the field in the first PDA race. I'll have to see if he's moving this weekend.

Sorry I missed you Mike but Joel said you were there earlier than I was. BTW, the hoot of the day HAD to have been when Sutton stuck his butt in the Master Car of John Ewald for a fireup. At the end the fuel shutoff wouldn't close and they couldn't shut the engine off. Finally Larry motioned everyone to get away from the car. When they stepped back he hit the mag switch and got the good old 'BANG' from the supercharger. When everyone clapped I hear this stranger along the fence yell 'Hey Sutton! Where you learn that trick? Driving for Butters!!!! I might have been the only one there that caught that joke. Bill and Dave went through about 4 weekends of leveling blowers in the Roadster when they finally switched from Hilborns to Enderles. Never happened again but Sutton always brought the fire extinguisher to he starting line when Hage staged. Or was Huerta driving then? God that was a long time ago.

Hey Mike! The name of a Nitro Willy's came up of Saturday and I'll be damned if I can remember the owners name. The car was a nitro Chrysler powered 41 Willy's and I think the owners name was Bill Henderson. Most evil car I ever saw. I remember him standing that thing on the back bumper in the lights at Lions....EVIL!!!

Bill Henderson sure sounds right.

It was to hot. I walked both sides of the street and then I bailed.

BTW, the hoot of the day HAD to have been when Sutton stuck his butt in the Master Car of John Ewald for a fireup. At the end the fuel shutoff wouldn't close and they couldn't shut the engine off. Finally Larry motioned everyone to get away from the car. When they stepped back he hit the mag switch and got the good old 'BANG' from the supercharger. When everyone clapped I hear this stranger along the fence yell 'Hey Sutton! Where you learn that trick? Driving for Butters!!!! I might have been the only one there that caught that joke.

Cool story, Darryl...that musta been somethin' to see!:cool:

It was Doug. Rumor has it that Kruse will do this again next year. I'm trying to remember but I believe it was hotter than SNOT at the PDA race as well. That was what. 1967? I remember my girlfriend insisted on wearing a DRESS to the drags. It was so hot and bright that the sun actually faded the red and white polka dot dress to PINK!!! The only thing red was HER! Man it was hot both times.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back