Lions documentary (1 Viewer)

Al

Nitro Member
FYI, looking at the guide for the NHRA channel (on Plex, Roku Channel, etc.), on June 10th at noon (Pacific), all 3 parts of "Lions: the greatest drag strip" are on (seven hours worth). I have never seen this documentary, but have seen the DVD's advertised over the years. Don Gillespie was once working on a similar piece for OCIR. That would have been terrific as well. I wonder what happened with that ?
Also on the NHRA channel is "The 7 second love affair", also filmed at Lions. I do have this one in my library and it is excellent.
I love this channel !

FYI, looking at the guide for the NHRA channel (on Plex, Roku Channel, etc.), on June 10th at noon (Pacific), all 3 parts of "Lions: the greatest drag strip" are on (seven hours worth). I have never seen this documentary, but have seen the DVD's advertised over the years. Don Gillespie was once working on a similar piece for OCIR. That would have been terrific as well. I wonder what happened with that ?
Also on the NHRA channel is "The 7 second love affair", also filmed at Lions. I do have this one in my library and it is excellent.
I love this channel !
Part two was on the other night and I caught the last half of it, very interesting.

I'm new to Roku. Two questions...
1) Is this on NHRAtv (where I watch live events) or on another NHRA channel on Roku?
2) How do I find the guide once there?

Thanks

I'm new to Roku. Two questions...
1) Is this on NHRAtv (where I watch live events) or on another NHRA channel on Roku?
2) How do I find the guide once there?

Thanks

This is NOT NHRA.tv, it is a FREE NHRA channel.
Two ways to access on Roku :

#1: You search for and install the PLEX app. (has other good stuff too, like Mav TV, movies,etc.
On the menu on the left pick "Live TV," Scroll down to the NHRA channel. The guide usually goes about 5 days.You can set your favorite channels like this one as favorites as well.

#2: You probably already have the ROKU CHANNEL. Scroll down to, and pick the purple "Live TV channel guide". Scroll down to the NHRA channel (#175 in Canada, it may be a different # in other countries).

This is NOT NHRA.tv, it is a FREE NHRA channel.
Two ways to access on Roku :

#1: You search for and install the PLEX app. (has other good stuff too, like Mav TV, movies,etc.
On the menu on the left pick "Live TV," Scroll down to the NHRA channel. The guide usually goes about 5 days.You can set your favorite channels like this one as favorites as well.

#2: You probably already have the ROKU CHANNEL. Scroll down to, and pick the purple "Live TV channel guide". Scroll down to the NHRA channel (#175 in Canada, it may be a different # in other countries).
Thank you. I figured it out!

Part two was on the other night and I caught the last half of it, very interesting.
I have all 3 DVD's. Forgot I had them so started watching them last week. Glad I kept my old DVD player. Have about 15 old drag racing cassettes but don't have a player. Will have to get them converted so I can watch them.

Just to make ya feel old.... This Dec will be 50 years since The Last Race. F I F T Y..... And 52 years since Big had the accident that led him to create his version of the back motor car. And 51 years since he debuted the back motor car at Lions. I saw all 3 of those events, but memory ain't quite what it usta be. heh

Just saw part 3 , great segment on Bigs accident.
I never heard the John Collins incidence, Johns exploded engine landing within inches of destroying Bigs debuted RED .

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back