Line Reaches Final Rounds in Consecutive Races (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Scores Runner-Up Finish in Denver

Summit Racing Pro Stock Pontiac racer Jason Line used a combination of solid driving and a competitive race car to score a runner-up finish at today’s final eliminations of the Mile-High Nationals in Denver, CO. Starting from the fourth position, Line defeated veteran Greg Stanfield in the opening round with a solid 7.012-second, 196.04 mph, before s quaring off against a familiar opponent – teammate Greg Anderson. Using a combination of a quick .022 reaction time and a strong 7.026 sec., 195.87 mph pass, Line was able to win the intramural battle and advance to the semifinals for the eighth time in 2009.

The final obstacle between Line and his 39th career final round was rival Jeg Coughlin. Once again, Line and his Summit Racing crew were up to the challenge, using a very quick 7.005-second, 196.33 mph pass to trailer their opponent and advance to the championship round for the second consecutive race for the seventh time in his career.

In the final, Line would face Tennessee racer Allen Johnson, who had had one of the quickest and most consistent cars throughout the weekend, as well as the luxury of lane choice. Once again, the Summit Racing team stepped up, posting their quickest elapsed time of the day at 7.001 seconds with a top speed of 195.76 mph. Unfortunately, it was not enough to overcome Allen Johnson’s starting line advantage, with Johnson using an equally strong 7.004 second, 195.87 mph pass to hold off a charging Line. Naturally upset with the result, Line still found reason to smile after his fifth final round of the season.

“I feel bad that I let my guys and the Summit folks down, because we should have walked away with the win today,” said Line. “I really can’t say what happened in the final. It was a really long light, and I just stared at it and couldn’t get my foot off the clutch - I knew I was late when I left. I hated to let this one get away, but on the upside, it’s good for AJ (Allen Johnson). It’s his sponsor’s race, and my hat’s off to him and his whole team – they worked hard to run well up here, and they deserve it.

“All in all, it was still a good day, and we probably did better than we should have. We never seemed to have the set-up for this place completely figured out, and definitely did not have a dominating car today, but we were still able to get our Summit Racing Pontiac to the final. It’s one of those deals that we’ll put behind us and bounce back. We’re going to Seattle trying to win, and there’s no reason we can’t. I feel like we’ll be able to run better there than we did this weekend, and ending the day the way we did today only makes us hungrier. I’m disappointed now, but we’ll be back.”

Established in 1968, Summit Racing Equipment is the leading high performance parts and accessories company. Summit Racing offers the largest selection, lowest prices, and best customer service in the high performance industry via catalogs, Internet, and Retail Super Stores. The company is headquartered in Tallmadge, Ohio with retail locations in Tallmadge, Ohio; Sparks, Nevada; and McDonough, Georgia.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back