Line Looks to End Memorable Week with a Sonoma Win (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Mooresville, N.C., July 21, 2009 – Life is good for NHRA Pro Stock standout Jason Line. After a two-week separation, he will be reunited with his wife Cindy, son Jack and daughter Emma in California for the week prior to the Fram Autolite Nationals in Sonoma. In addition, he will spend time with friends and family as part of a slightly premature celebration of his birthday. Finally, on Friday, he will once again have the chance to climb behind the wheel of his powerful Summit Racing Pro Stock Pontiac, which, with three consecutive final round appearances, has already clinched a spot in the NHRA’s Countdown to One championship playoff and is among the hottest cars in the Full Throttle Drag Racing Series.

“This race should be the culmination of a really good week,” said Line. “I’ve been looking forward to seeing my wife and kids since before Denver, and my family is coming out for my birthday. I originally wasn’t supposed to know about their visit, but my niece accidentally let it slip. They know that I know, but it’s still going to be a lot of fun. On top of that, we’re going to one of the best tracks on the circuit with a chance to keep this great run going with our Summit Racing Pontiac.”

Located in the heart of the California wine country, Infineon Raceway is a premier multipurpose motorsports facility, hosting events in virtually every major racing series. However, when the straight-line set makes their annual visit to the Napa Valley this weekend, there will be little time for teams to enjoy the scenery, as every competitor will be fighting tooth-and-nail to end the weekend in the winner’s circle. Ad ding to Line’s anticipation is KB Racing’s tremendous record in Sonoma, with Line and teammate Greg Anderson combining to win four of the last five races held there.

“I’m excited to be going to Infineon Raceway,” said Line. “It’s just a great place to race, but really nothing more needs to be said than it’s a Bruton Smith track, so you know everything will be the best. I enjoy it not only because I’ve won there, but because it’s also a really good track for KB Racing, with a total of four wins and six final rounds between Greg and I coming into this weekend, and we hope to add to that number this weekend.”

There is one final consideration as to why the racers enjoy their visit to the Napa Valley beyond the wineries and the magnificent race track. This event marks the end of the three-week Weste rn Swing, allowing competitors a chance to finally return home, enjoy a weekend away from the track and perform some much needed research and development. However, until the end of eliminations on Sunday evening, Line and his KB Racing crew will have their sights set on their fourth win of the season.

“As happy as I am to be going to Infineon to race, I’m also looking forward to it because it will be the end of the Western Swing,” said Line. “Being on the road for these three races has put a serious dent in our R&D work, so I need to get back to our shop in Mooresville and start working on things that will help our performance heading into the Countdown. But before we do that, we have some business to take care of here on the West Coast, namely getting one of our Summit Racing Pontiacs in the winner’s circle.”

Jason Line Infineon Raceway Stats –

RacesWonFinals#1 Qual.Rounds WRounds LPct.

Fast Facts on Jason Line & the Summit Racing Pontiac crew
at the Fram Autolite Nationals:

Jason at Infineon Raceway: This will be Jason’s sixth appearance at Infineon Raceway, where he has one win (in 2006) in two final round appearances.

Targeting a Personal Best: With a win in Norwalk and runner-up finishes in Denver and Seattle, Jason will look to advance to the final round in four consecutive races for the first time in his career.

Sonoma Track Record holder: Jason is the current Infineon Raceway Pro Stock track record holder in elapsed time (6.590 sec.) set one year ago.

Event Schedule:
Friday, July 24: Two qualifying sessions at 4:00 & 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, July 25: Two qualifying sessions at 11:30 a.m. & 2:15 p.m.
Sunday, July 26: Final eliminations starting at 11:00 a.m.

Television Coverage (all coverage on ESPN2):
Qualifying: Saturday, July 25 – 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
Eliminations: Sunday, July 26 – 9:00 p.m. – 12:00 midnight
RaceDay: Sunday, July 26 – 11:00 – 11:30=2 0a.m.
(All times Eastern)

Established in 1968, Summit Racing Equipment is the leading high performance parts and accessories company. Summit Racing offers the largest selection, lowest prices, and best customer service in the high performance industry via catalogs, Internet, and Retail Super Stores. The company is headquartered in Tallmadge, Ohio with retail locations in Tallmadge, Ohio; Sparks, Nevada; and McDonough, Georgia.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back