Legendary Funny Car ace Dale Pulde returns to Nitro Jam competition in Salt Lake City (1 Viewer)

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (June 9, 2010) – Dale Pulde and the International Hot Rod Association.

It is a combination that helped launch the career of the legendary Funny Car driver and helped elevate the IHRA’s Funny Car class to near rockstar status during the late 70s and early 80s.

[cid:[email protected]]
Pulde will pilot the famous ‘War Eagle’ at Salt Lake City

During that timeframe Pulde won three IHRA World Championships in Nitro Funny Car and compiled an impressive 20 victories and 35 final rounds – both good enough for first all-time in the class. Pulde also recorded a number of “firsts” in the history of the class and went on to become one of the most recognizable stars in the sport. His career reached a climax in 2007 when he was inducted into the International Drag Racing Hall of Fame.

Often times referred to as one of the “greatest driver to ever sit behind the wheel of a Funny Car,” Pulde still to this day continues to make his rounds at drag strips across the country 33 years after winning his first championship.

Pulde holds nearly every Nitro Funny Car record with the IHRA

And that road will finally lead him back to the IHRA for the first time in many
years as he pilots the famous “War Eagle” Pontiac in the new Prostalgia Nitro Funny Car class on the Nitro Jam tour June 18-19 at the Salt Lake Nitro Jam at Rocky Mountain Raceways.

“IHRA has always been good for the ‘War Eagle’ team and myself personally. I would like to see this Nostalgia Funny Car program continue to grow,” Pulde said. “I am also looking forward to going to Salt Lake. Salt Lake is always an enjoyable place to race. Nice people all around and a great facility.”

Pulde will race in the brand new Prostalgia Nitro Funny Car class

Born earlier this year the new Prostalgia Nitro Funny Car class has become one of the most popular new acts on the Nitro Jam Tour. Featuring older bodied version of the current Funny Car’s seen today, these machines are capable of five-second runs at over 260 miles-per-hour.

Pulde will join the likes of Twig Ziegler, Tim Boychuk, Jack Harris, Mark Sanders, Todd Lesenko, Jason Bussey and Steve Nichols at the Salt Lake City event. The new batch of stars highlights the western portion of the Nitro Jam schedule and is sure to provide fans with an incredible show.

Come see a living legend and some of the best drivers in the sport today June 18-19 at Rocky Mountain Raceways in West Valley.

About Feld Motor Sports℠
Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is the world leader in outdoor and specialized arena and stadium-based motor sports entertainment. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. productions include Monster Jam®, IHRA® Nitro Jam®, SuperBull℠, Monster Energy® Supercross, AMA Arenacross Series, Nuclear Cowboyz℠ and Gravity Slashers℠. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is a division of Feld Entertainment, the world’s largest producer of live family entertainment. For more information on Feld Entertainment, visit ww.feldentertainment.com<http://www.feldentertainment.com>.

Attachments

• pulde.jpg
    pulde.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 20
Re: Legendary Funny Car ace Dale Pulde returns to Nitro Jam competition in Salt Lake

Back in the mid 70's, I owned the Dickie Harrell 69 Camaro funnycar. I think Dale either restored the car or was involved in restoring the car. I would love to see that old car go down the track again in exhibition. Anyone know if this might ever happen? I would make every effort to be there.

Re: Legendary Funny Car ace Dale Pulde returns to Nitro Jam competition in Salt Lake

He and Val have the car, it's been worked on and showed a few times but it's not ready for runs just yet.

Thanks. It's been a while since I spoke with Valerie. Hadn't heard anything lately. I bought the car shortly after Dickie died and sold it on August 5th, 1977 when I was 21 years old. And, I've regretted it ever since. I'm just glad that Valerie ended up with it. There's no one in this world that deserves to own that car more than her.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back