Leah Pruett Will Be in a Funny Car at Reading (1 Viewer)

Or maybe Melanie thinks that Leah needs to run a race this season in preparation for a 2 car funny car team next season? This would be the race to do it, the next three are all West Coast, and she'll be running with the In and Out sponsorship. ;)

glass-half-full.jpg

I'd say that with Mel switching between the nitro car and blown and turbo P/Mod cars this year we have all witnessed one of the best driving jobs in a long time. All this along with the management of the P/Mod teams, her nitro car, the shop and being the head cook & bottle washer for Roger's operation just showcases this amazing person we all cheer for on Sunday.

That all being said, I can't see Roger doing anything to jeopardize his relationship with her as it would take many people to replace her in his organization.

Seriously, read Chris and Bernie's posts above.....enough said!

Sounds like a bunch of women on the View, LOL! :D Got to make something out of nothing!

in my perfect world and from what someone has hinted @ driving an
abbreviated season.....fresno gary & the in&out fc would be a perfect fit :cool:

I'd say that with Mel switching between the nitro car and blown and turbo P/Mod cars this year we have all witnessed one of the best driving jobs in a long time. All this along with the management of the P/Mod teams, her nitro car, the shop and being the head cook & bottle washer for Roger's operation just showcases this amazing person we all cheer for on Sunday.

That all being said, I can't see Roger doing anything to jeopardize his relationship with her as it would take many people to replace her in his organization.
I beleive what everybody is missing here ... The team has been testing and has gone over quota since they were not in the points. Therefore, Melanie cannot earn anymore points this season. So why not, plug in the team driver for some experience. Pretty sure I read this somewhere else.

Exactly..

The speculation in this thread is borderline crazy.

Melanie isn't in the points chase. Leah is lobbying for a car in the 2012 season. Maybe some sponsors want to see what Leah can do. Maybe Melanie wants to see what Leah can do in the car.

Bottom line, nobody in this thread knows and what goes on in the R2B2 team is their business, like it or not.
It is always fun to sit back and watch the speculation. These threads do seem to take on a life of their own sometimes.:)

dont understand the logic here, that car has been nothing short of horrible this year and i would think priority one would be to continue trying to sort out a competitive combination for the current driver/crew and then worry about a second car for Leah !

dont understand the logic here, that car has been nothing short of horrible this year and i would think priority one would be to continue trying to sort out a competitive combination for the current driver/crew and then worry about a second car for Leah !

The car definitely started out badly but it has picked up big-time. The power is there as we've seen in qualifying. They just need some consistency.

Roger mentioned that he didn't want to start another car until the performance was there. Apparently he believes it is.

The car has been stepping a lot lately. It qualified 2nd in Indy, and 3rd in Dallas. Getting that car down the track earlier this season has not been a driver issue.

I think it's a win-win for everyone, expecially since the car isn't in the countdown. Leah gets some seat time in a fuel coup under real-time competition conditions. Melanie has a chance to step back, take a breath, and study team operations without having to worry about the driving part. Who knows? She might see some things that need attention that she might not have noticed under other conditions. Plus, all this conjecture and discussion gets the team more exposure.

I think it's a win-win for everyone, expecially since the car isn't in the countdown. Leah gets some seat time in a fuel coup under real-time competition conditions. Melanie has a chance to step back, take a breath, and study team operations without having to worry about the driving part. Who knows? She might see some things that need attention that she might not have noticed under other conditions. Plus, all this conjecture and discussion gets the team more exposure.

A voice of reason... I like that.

I thought the comment "To show that we have two competitive Female drivers who can win Championships!" is a Suprise. The idea of seeing Leah drive a Fuel FC would sell a sponsor, but her success in N/FC's and Pro mod wouldnt?

Uncalled for. :mad:

Why was that uncalled for?

Do you or anyone else for that matter know what the extra was he was referrring too? Its FC racing, Could it have been Money? Or Extra Effort that earned her a place behind that wheel.

Who is anyone to admonish someone for their opinion on here. You have one, I have one.

Bernie Connors said: "Bottom line, nobody in this thread knows and what goes on in the R2B2 team is their business, like it or not."

So what he said about a "little extra" could be the 100% truth and then again it could be 100% false.

But its his right to state his opinion.

And don't think that whatever you read in a press release is the truth either.

Now that we understand whats going on here and why. Can we assume that John Medlen will be tuning the funny car this weekend, since if sponsorship comes available for R2B2 to run 2 nitro funny cars next year, rumor has it John will be tuning the car that Leah will be driving?

Why was that uncalled for?

Do you or anyone else for that matter know what the extra was he was referrring too? Its FC racing, Could it have been Money? Or Extra Effort that earned her a place behind that wheel.

Who is anyone to admonish someone for their opinion on here. You have one, I have one.

Bernie Connors said: "Bottom line, nobody in this thread knows and what goes on in the R2B2 team is their business, like it or not."

So what he said about a "little extra" could be the 100% truth and then again it could be 100% false.

But its his right to state his opinion.

And don't think that whatever you read in a press release is the truth either.

Considering who it came from and his mysterious beef with Leah, I think we all know what he meant. We're not dumb.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back