Lawsuits and Sponsor loss related? (1 Viewer)

Super Mod

Nitro Member
NOWLING CONFIRMS ADRL?S PENDING LITIGATION

FROM DRO:

The National Guard apparently has ended its sponsorship of the American Drag Racing League since the National Guard logo and name are no longer on the ADRL.us website. No official comment from ADRL president Kenny Nowling, who is in Qatar for the Arabian Drag Racing League season.

The Agent wonders if perhaps the ADRL's ties to the Arabian Peninsula country and its royal family, which are staunch U.S. allies in the region, may have had something to do with the National Guard’s surprising decision. [1/5/10]

So Kenny Nowling is going to sue people who post on internet mesage boards. LOL. Good luck with that. Any lawyer who told him he had legal recourse for something posted on a message board on the internet is a quack who bills by the hour.

That being said, if he can actually produce emails to sponsors, phone records etc proving harassment of him or his sponsors or competitors, then he does have legal recourse there, but it would have NOTHING to do with internet message board postings.

I have no beef with Kenny or the ADRL (other than there is no race close to where I live hint hint hint), it just seems like an incredible waste of time and resources (with potentially very limited gain) which could be better channeled into other things (like finding another series sponsor, promoting events, etc). Like my granpappy used to say, if you don't have someone pissed off at ya, you ain't doing something right.

Last edited:
stealing of intellectual property and liable/slander on worldwide web;
don't think there are int'l. laws to police?

Last edited:
"if you don't have someone pissed off at ya, you ain't doing something right."

but it was more along the lines of

"If people are pissed off at you, you must be doing something right"

My old man use to say the same thing to me when I was a kid and we were at the track. It was of course racing related, at least I took it that way...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back