Latest Legends: The Series with Tom McEwen (1 Viewer)

Excellent interview and video highlights. Growing up in the SFV, I was exposed to many legendary racers. But I never interacted with Tom until a few years ago conducting business through his Drag Racer Magazine and found him very genuine and sincere. Definitely a class act in my book.

Excellent interview and video highlights. Growing up in the SFV, I was exposed to many legendary racers. But I never interacted with Tom until a few years ago conducting business through his Drag Racer Magazine and found him very genuine and sincere. Definitely a class act in my book.

That surprises me a little Gino given the close proximately of Snake's first (?) shop just a few doors down from your Pop's place. Or maybe Tom didn't visit there much.

Give your dad a hug for me...in a manly way! I haven't seen him in years.

Truthfully Bill I wasn't around much during that period. Was still in Jr. High and High School and then became the surfing/snow skiing rebel.

I do recall when Don was in town, he would ride his bike down the alley from time to time to check his on components. I also remember meeting John Muldowney at the shop once. Other guys like Pickett were alway around. There were a lot of race team trucks driving around the SFV back then. Especially during the winter months.

Dad is doing very well and the shop is very busy for this time of the year. Lot of new race project going on. In May, VHS turns 50. We may do an open house in celebration.

Where did you go to school Gino? I went to Nobel on Tampa & Lassen. Went to elementary school with some of the Landy boys.
Kent Fuller was east of VHS a few blocks on Parthenia...

I went to Melvin Ave. Elementary, then to Sutter Jr. High before going to Cleveland High and graduating in '82. We won the City Basketball Title that year and the City Baseball Title too when Brett Saberhagen threw a no hitter in the finals that year.

Dick Landy's shop was about a 1/2 mile away from VHS. Judging by how Robert Landy turned out, Dick must not have been a good father to him. Very low self-esteem and self-worthiness. Dad tried to help Robert out several times, but unfortunately it didn't take. Another sad story.

Another great interview Bobby! I just really enjoy those. I've spoken to Goose on the phone from his Drag Racer office, very cool guy to chat with.

Bobby you're doing an excellent job on all stories, I make sure I check at least once a day. Keep em coming.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back