Legends: The Series at CompetitionPlus.com (1 Viewer)

The photo of the W.O.T. 392 shooting towards Reyes is one that I have never seen. How lucky he was!!!
I'll watch the others ASAP. Thanks CompetitionPlus/ Mr. Bennett...

Great story on Ace Manzo

I did not realize he started in 1970 I really thought he started in the 60's

What a story book life this guy as had and it could not have happened to a nicer guy.

Jimbo

Great story on Ace Manzo

I did not realize he started in 1970 I really thought he started in the 60's

What a story book life this guy as had and it could not have happened to a nicer guy.

Jimbo

What I remember is always tearing through whatever magazine I just got to see event coverage in-hopes of seeing his altered. It was the only "contemporary" altered that got much print photos at the time, and I always loved it when I would find it.

I'll watch them soon, but a quick peek at Reyes' video and I got excited. I always love seeing Fremont again.

As an avid altered freak, I can tell you I saw Ace's roadster at Indy in 1979, when they were still running Pro Comp. That car was badass, and probably the lowest lay-down driver style car ever. The other car from that era that did get a lot of ink was the Boggs Bros. "Poison" AA/A which was just as wild. I believe Ron Boggs won a national event in that car in '77. Finally, the other "modern" altered of that era was the one that Dale Armstrong won Indy with in '74. I believe all three of these cars were BB/FCs that became AA/As.

Quality stuff! EVERY one of them are terrific. Made my Sunday morning.

a big THANK YOU

Please post when subsequent ones are available.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back