Laser printer vs. ink jet??? (1 Viewer)

Sean D, shondoo

Nitro Member
Hello 'Maters,

I have an HP ink jet color printer, but it seems like all I get done is refilling the cartridges which gets pricey after a while. If I went to a color laser printer, would I get more yield out of the ink or would it be basically the same? I hear that laser printers are much faster, but are there any other advantages to going laser? Any advantages or even disadvantages either way?

As far as I'm concerned, we're spending entirely too much money on some labeling issues for our home business and I want to bring that part of it in-house. I would appreciate any input you folks would have before I spend the money.

Thanks,

Sean D

Laser printers are great, much faster and less expensive per page. If you are printing labels you must get laser labels because the paper comes out very hot and normal labels will peel back and get stuck.

High end lasers also control paper better. Less jamming and more options for paper sizes.

There is no downside except the original price. We have a HP Laser that is going on 15 years old without a problem. The new one is about a thousand times faster and better quality printouts.

If you're not printing photos go laser, you can't beat the cost per page.

On the other hand laser printers don't generally have the same print quality for photos as ink jets. For photos might want to invest in Epson's Artisan 50 printer, amazing quality for less than $130.

I have an HP Laser-jet that is awesome! We use it for everything but it's black and white. My wife has an HP photo printer that is awesome for her application but Buzzz has an Xerox Phaser color laser that is simply awesome. We share all our printers to our network here in the house with every computer so we can simply select the one that best suits our needs. Both the Laser and the Phaser are major-duty units made for offices with many many users and a very high duty cycle and they have proven to be bulletproof for us!

Laser is the way to go. If I want to print pictures, I don't bother printing at home. I pay a few cents per picture at the local Walmart.

Laser is the way to go. If I want to print pictures, I don't bother printing at home. I pay a few cents per picture at the local Walmart.

My wife and three daughters are big-time into scrap-booking and need to print photo-quality prints while they work. This HP Photosmart is one awesome printer for that and you simply can't tell the difference between it's prints and professional quality ones provided they use the good photo paper which is relatively cheap.

I appreciate all the feedback, gang, thank you! We did some shopping today and there's no doubt the initial cost is a little scary. But at the end of the day, it looks like it's the only way to go.

Thanks again!

Sean D

I appreciate all the feedback, gang, thank you! We did some shopping today and there's no doubt the initial cost is a little scary. But at the end of the day, it looks like it's the only way to go.

Thanks again!

Sean D

Good luck Sean.
There's a good argument for each printer type but if it's quality you seek, nothing compares to a good quality laser printer.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back