Larry Dixon - Where Have The Years Gone? (1 Viewer)

good article.
being of similar age to larry, it IS scary to wonder where the
years have gone.

Great article Bobby. Larry sure seems like a class act.
And how about that mullet!!!!!:p

Dixon is one of the best ever!

I was most impressed the year after he won the last championship. They had a terrible year and he never complained or whined.

I have to admit that I wasn't his biggest fan before that but when I saw the maturity and the way he handled that year I became a big supporter of Larry.

Hope Snake has something on the back burner for sponsorship if the tobacco thing falls through due to government regulations. We need to keep Larry out here for a long time.

Pics of a 2003 celebratory insert:

9ab17538.jpg

e84507af.jpg

d8ed9fe1.jpg

264d116f.jpg

In my humble opinion there is no better driver in the nitro ranks than Larry Dixon Jr. This guy is as reliable as church on sunday with his driving.
Not to mention a lot of the snakes "Cool" has rubbed off on the Jr. Dixon!!!:D

Thanks Bobby!!!

Larry Sr and his mom (& Snake too for that matter) must be extremely proud as they raised an awesome son!!!
:):)

And Paul F.; thank you for posting those pics!!! I had to dig mine out to make sure that I hadn't "lost" it!!!
Wayne :cool:

I am sure if you compared reaction times with all the other drivers the last ten years he would be at the top. I am sure if you compared pedalfest races he would also be at the top.The best thing about Larry is it has not gone to his head. He is still humble and will talk to anyone . His attitude makes him a great asset to "the Snake" and to Drag Racing.

There was a ten year gap from when I knew him as a teenager and we would ride bikes while our Dad's raced . I went to talk to him after he started driving for Prudhomme. I thought maybe he would be some snob. I was pleasantly suprised to find he was still the same guy I knew when we were kids. He has stayed the same. He sat with us for the induction of my Dad in the Hall of Fame last month. He was a major encouragement to my Mom who had to speak. She was afraid she would not make it and cry. After she spoke Larry said he was the one who was crying. Cool. Thanks Larry for being a good example for the sport.

By the way Larry We are still young! I still want to drive a Top Fuel car when I grow up.

Mike

That was a great article. The coolest thing about Larry is that he just loves the sport and it's history. When he talks about being a kid and piling into the car with a race car in tow headed to Indy, I have the same memories from the early '70s when my dad raced. Also, he's a pure car guy, he really appreciates the race cars themselves. Larry and I have a lot in common, except...he's a Champion Top Fuel driver, and I'm..not. In all seriousness, another neat thing is his dad still climbs into a blown alky altered and runs in the 7's at nostalgia races, which I think is way cool. Just great examples of the kind of people involved in drag racing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back