Knoll rethinking Pro Stock...... (1 Viewer)

CrewGuy

Nitro Member
Read this link. Evan throws out the idea that he may be headed out of the Pro Stock business. He has a lot on his plate. It's a done deal between Knoll and Lucas teaming Morgan and Melanie in T/F.

Kevin, you gave them everything and more they could ask for. That news stinks...

Well,I can't comment on it right now....but it is true!

Atleast I got to race......The fans and friends I have met and made are priceless!

Thanks for the support everybody......you my friends are the very reason I was out there...

KB

Sorry to hear that Kevin. I really like the XBalm you gave me at Indy....and it was great getting to meet you after all these years!

I hope someone will see how you promote a sponsor!

Kev - I hope you're Jokering. If not, really bad news - you busted your A$$ to promote them - sorry.
Evan and Pro Stock - amazing that the owner of the 3rd place team realizes he has very little hope of overcoming the KB Racing juggernaut in the final three races and even less hope for 2007. I admire Even's honesty - a wise business person knows when to cut his losses and move on.
Feel bad for Dave and the team - doubtful that a buyer with deep enough pockets to keep the team competitive against a KB 4 car team can be found.
If the four car KB rumor is true, it could force Dodge to pull out and seriously impede other teams' ability to attract new sponsorship. NHRA should have limited ownership of Pro teams to two per owner.

Hey Joker,
It's going to be a long time before our globe of XBalm runs out. You did a great job for them and if it's truly over, you have my condolences. It's way bad to lose a good sponsor relationship but guys like you will bounce back! Hey, you could've had a multi-year contract with Krispy Kreme?

When the costs exceed the amount of return in any class it is time to rethink the commitment. The KB money goes a lot farther than the Summit money alone does which is why that team is so strong. It takes budget and payroll to demand long hours that ultimately produce results. Greg, Jason, Jeff, and the rest of the staff have that type of financial support. Sadly, other teams don't.

True...I'm sure another person as wealthy as Ken Black could throw a bunch of money at a Pro Stock deal and make the same kinds of advancements that the KB stable has in recent years...Hurley Blakeney/Bob Pannella/Scott Geoffrion got real close with the Ford program. But if you are looking for some kind of return on your investment, a Pro Stock team is not where to spend it. It's really a test of egos as opposed to a sound investment that can produce monetary returns.

I'll offer this as an equalizer in Pro Stock...put them on 33x10.5W tires and shorten the wheelie bars. That'll open it up for about 5 years!!!!

John, was great to meet you as well....
Jim, it's true....
Doc, keep buying it as you need it....even if they are gone from my racing...they still have the best product period...

I need to get the guy who sells the "pet rock" to sponsor me....I would bet I could make him happy! LOL

Thanks again all for the support...

Peace, KB

"With Knoll’s comments, it stands to make one wonder if the Torco leader is planning to unload his team and driver Dave Connolly. That is one of the stories that time will tell on."

and you may want to check out this http://competitionplus.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=645&Itemid=7 .

I don't think that he is necessarily going to "get out" of the business, just maybe heading in a different direction.. I don't really know, but I hope everything works out.

Atleast I got to race......The fans and friends I have met and made are priceless!

Thanks for the support everybody......you my friends are the very reason I was out there...

KB

Dude,

Sorry to hear that. You did one hell of a job promoting their product. Definitely made me and my friends believers. Samantha still talks about you and the chap stick smear on the ground from Vegas!

Hoping you'll be able to get out there one way or the other next year. Any company should be happy to find such a straight up dude like you to promote their products with style, class and humor.

Jamie

KB

Very sorry to hear that Kevin. I haven't met you at the track yet but was looking forward to it someday. Good luck is your search for a new sponsor!!!!

I guess I can see why Mr Knoll is frustrated in his P/S efforts because I am sure everyone else is. Why you ask? Please consider the following:

1] Evan has the best leaver in the class under contract and he is slated for third team next year at VC. Duuuuh! Why is Dave looking for a team every 18 months or so? A crew chief ? Engine builder ? etc.
2] Does winning anything matter at Dodge ? Theses people spend millions of $$ every year in order to look ridiculous. The DSR deal is one thing but that story never ends with these people. I fully expect Shaun Carlson to be the team owner next season. Meanwhile AJ just keeps plugging away and Morgan and crew are the definition of the term "field car".
3] Old guys like Gaines, Krisher and Naylor have a team. Why doesn't B.G.? Those guys can't win a gold fish at the fair but have some $$. Does anyone see that if you give Bob some sponsorship $$ and let him into the car you are going to go rounds and win some races? Maybe include his son{s} and you actually think his pit won't be jammed with fans and customers at every stop?
Am I crazy??
Or are they??

I hear the voices and they are saying to me " Team Summit will win forever", beacuse nobody else gets it do they??

I hear the voices and they are saying to me " Team Summit will win forever", beacuse nobody else gets it do they??

I bet if Greg Stanfield had a bit more scratch, he would be able to really make life miserable for the KB team, instead of the way it is now; he merely makes life miserable for the KB team

I bet if Greg Stanfield had a bit more scratch, he would be able to really make life miserable for the KB team, instead of the way it is now; he merely makes life miserable for the KB team

Just a burr in the saddle blanket...Unfortunately.
He would be the man with the target on his back if he had funds I think.
Setting national records and a pretty good win record against G.A. isn't that easy to do when you don't have a big budget I wouldn't imagine.

Last edited:

A great example of what I am getting at. He is a great driver, good engine builder and is a nice guy. He is also all alone in terms of major support, left to survive the best he can with what he has.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back