Kenny's still struggling.... (1 Viewer)

I think everyone needs to chill on this one, this is a new team so it's taking a little bit longer to get it sorted out. I know we're into the second race in all but my prediction is by Vegas he'll have this puppy humming.

The writing is on the wall this year, at every race you will see a well-funded car in both TF and FC not qualify. There are simply to many two car teams and not enough qualifying spots.

I think Mark hit the nail on the head, and made many very good points and observations on this one...
Nice post Mark...:)

I think Kenny is in for a long year!
Some have said he should go after Dale Armstrong but he would struggle to before he would get it storted out I think he would have been a better choice than Ray Alley since he hasn't tuned since the 70's/80's! :rolleyes:
If Kenny wanted to be serious he should have went after a current tuner.
I think it would be a better idea to split Kim and Tim and let Kim have a go at it!
I bet you she would do a lot better than Ray but that's just my opinion. ;)

I think Mark hit the nail on the head, and made many very good points and observations on this one...
Nice post Mark...:)

With the exception of his inaccurate Dale Armstrong take. The fact is, Jerry Toliver ran out of budget and they were running a chassis that had been crashed, repaired and at that point was unable to repeat. I talked to Dale, and he gave me no indication (then or later) of anything passing him by.

As Toliver himself said during their struggles, "Dale Armstrong didn't just wake up stupid one morning".

As for struggling fuel teams...it's not easy, and tremendous respect should be given to those that make it look so. There are a number of quality people on teams that are struggling.

My guess would be Bernstein (not unlike Kalitta, Herbert, Cruz, Lucas, Del) can't afford to have infinite patience with this deal. The million dollar question is how do you successfully respond, and that is where the row gets awful damn tough to hoe.

Maybe theres just too much caffien or L-carnitine,Glucose, Guarana, Inositol, Glucuronolactone or Maitoeitrin. I know I cant drink more than one can a day or I get shake. hell I cant drink it more than two days in a row!!

... Look at Del Worsham. That poor guy is in the tank so bad he probably does'nt know where to turn.

Agreed, Mark. Yesterday couldn't have been any worse for Del and the team, just short of someone coming along and stealing their rig.

I was leaving the pits about 7:30 last night and swung by CSK compound on the way out, and Chuck was sitting there in an empty hospitality area talking to someone. Put my camera up to take a portrait shot, but when I looked at his face, I just couldn't take the pic- he just had that LOOK of a man that was lost and not seeing his way up from the bottom. It was that look of pain that we all have (or will have) experienced at some point.

They will find their way out of it, hopefully soon, as will KB and all the others that are looking for the right combo (remember EE?). Its so multi-faceted what has to align in this sport just to be sucessful- proof that even if you get a truckload of money to do this, being on top, or even close, isn't guaranteed.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back