Kenny's still struggling.... (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
I guess after that last session 4.84 at Pomona a Lot of us assumed(?) KB had his car figured out. On DRO they said he made 10 pulls between Pomona and Phx and still couldn't to the other end! Same story at phx, a 10.74 after 2 sessions!

If nothing else, it kinda proves that seeing everyone's equipment over the years hasn't necessarily equalled instant on-track application, huh? I hope Ray & Kenny get 'er figured out soon...

If the performance of the car doesn't come around soon I would expect to see wholesale changes. The way the car is running is flat out embarrassing. I heard Gary Kennedy is helping out with the car this weekend, hopefully that will help turn around the performance.

If the performance of the car doesn't come around soon I would expect to see wholesale changes. The way the car is running is flat out embarrassing. I heard Gary Kennedy is helping out with the car this weekend, hopefully that will help turn around the performance.
I know there is a saying that goes something like...
To many cooks in the kitchen... Blah Blah Blah

I've heard from a couple of former employees that KB is NOT fun to work for when his car's Not running well!

I've heard from a couple of former employees that KB is NOT fun to work for when his car's Not running well!
Ding, ding, ding, We have a winner!!! I believe Ray alley's time is limited. You cant have a sponsor giving millions and you dont produce. I have heard the rumor you speak of, and it's from people who know!!!

What an embarrassing showing! I am a fan of Kenny and it's painful to see his car perform so poorly. He said they tested for a week after Pomona and they still can get the car down the track. At least he showed he can still pedal a FC and get it to the finish line.

What an embarrassing showing! I am a fan of Kenny and it's painful to see his car perform so poorly. He said they tested for a week after Pomona and they still can get the car down the track. At least he showed he can still pedal a FC and get it to the finish line.

obviously your just that and a fair weather one at that!

You jumped on my predictions on how KB would do and so far I have been correct, I may only be part of a small budget team ,but I have stood on the starting line in the last session only to see our car be bumped and or not even come close to making the 16.

You dont have the slightest clue on how hard it is to make the field in a TF car. With out first race of the season coming up in a couple weeks and the bump spot being .59 it going to get A LOT HARDER.

Last edited:
obviously your just that and a fair weather one at that!

You jumped on my predictions on how KB would do and so far I have been correct, I may only be part of a small budget team ,but I have stood on the starting line in the last session only to see our car be bumped and or not even come close to making the 16.

You dont have the slightest clue on how hard it is to make the field in a TF car.

I did jump on your predictions because I was trying to be optimistic about the year, so I do have some egg on my face. Also, I wouldn't call myself a fair weather fan since I have and will continue to be a fan no matter how poor his performance is. I do have a clue of one component to get the car in the show and that's money. Kenny has a budget, now he needs to work on the people part of the puzzle. Oh yeah, just in case you haven't heard, Kenny now drives a FC not a TF as you stated in your last sentence.

I did jump on your predictions because I was trying to be optimistic about the year, so I do have some egg on my face. Also, I wouldn't call myself a fair weather fan since I have and will continue to be a fan no matter how poor his performance is. I do have a clue of one component to get the car in the show and that's money. Kenny has a budget, now he needs to work on the people part of the puzzle. Oh yeah, just in case you haven't heard, Kenny now drives a FC not a TF as you stated in your last sentence.

I am well aware that ol KB is now in a coupe. No where did I say KB is driving a dragster. TF was used to generalize both fuel catigories my friend. TR has been of great assistance to our program and it may take some help from him unless they have already gone that route.

I am well aware that ol KB is now in a coupe. No where did I say KB is driving a dragster. TF was used to generalize both fuel catigories my friend. TR has been of great assistance to our program and it may take some help from him unless they have already gone that route.

TR ??? Did I miss something or is that something I am not supposed to know?
Anyone that thought this was going to be easy, wasn't paying attention:)

TR = Tim Richards. I thought the same thing. It's been a while since he tuned a funny car, but I've got to believe he can help.
Tim helped us quite a bit in the 90's on our funny car.

Kenny should try and convince AA Dale to come back to his team after he helps out Toliver.
I'm not picking on YOU William, just using your post as an example o.k.??
Dale Armstrong did not go out on or at the top of his game!!:eek:

Does anyone else remember this also??

This is sad. On the fourth run, the car did it's typical 300 foot violent move, and Kenny pedaled and rode it to the end.
I've heard all kinds of rumors about old and new chassis - flex and no flex.
There is something wrong with that car . . . KB's driving skills are not at fault.
However, he IS the team owner and it is ultimately his fault that someone has not been brought in to find out what is wrong. JMHO

Is this situation (really) any different than the struggles the Scott Kalitta team has shown in the last year plus. I'm a huge Kalitta racing fan and its been hard to watch the inconsistency. I've got to hand it to them, they keep plugging away at it and improvement is there.

Bernstein's team will either get it going or they will all be replaced. The guy will only screw around for so long with less that stellar results. The one common denominator in both of the aforementioned efforts is Johnny West. Whether or not he will be the "fall guy" remains to be be seen. He was with the Kalittas. They showed him the door and have'nt really improved that much in the consistency dept. since doing so.

Dale Armstrong indeed did not go out the way he would have liked to or we would have liked to see. In interviews back then he stated the spark wasn't there and technology had passed him by. He's a great guy and I hope he makes a splash with Toliver.

Its really got to be hard to run one of these things. When you get a good thing going its worth its weight in gold or platinum. Look at Del Worsham. That poor guy is in the tank so bad he probably does'nt know where to turn.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back