Kenney Goodell has passed away (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
Former Northwest Funny car standout Kenney Goodell sadly died last night from a massive heart attack he suffered a week ago while working in the yard. Go to Kenney Goodell to read about his career.

Wow, that`s too bad. I saw him race a lot when I was growing up. I know I`m getting old when two of the six flopper pilots that were at my very first drag race in `77 have passed on ('Nitro Nick' Harmon being the other).

Yep Nitro Nick Harmon, Kenney Goodell, Ernie Hall, Bill Moore all gone. Time has a way of changing the landscape doesn't it?

I too saw him race many times back in the day. He always ran good and had beautiful cars. I loved that purple and orange paint he ran.

I remember him and his Duster FC in a parade in Bremerton, Wa promoting the points race that weekend at Bremerton Raceway. I begged my Dad to take me out there. He dropped me and my buddy at the entry and we had a great time. It was my first drag race ever. i've been hooked on it since.

The "Action Man" will be missed, despite the fact he was out of racing for a long time. I've got good memories of great FC racing the way it should be. The regional TF and FC talent in those days was stellar and Kenny was on top of the heap.

Well, yes and know. The last three years he was racing an Anglia but was bored with it and was planning to return in a nostalgia AA/FC and did upgrade his license in an FE A/fuel dragster but that all fell through. He called me just a day or two before his heart attack and told me he was done and asked that I take down the site. I didn't get to it right away and after he passed I put a new one up as retrospective on his life which is Kenney Goodell.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back