Kalitta Dragsters (1 Viewer)

Jasmine was in their way at 16. I don't know what happened to her, but Doug bumped her out and then Shawn bumped him out. CRAZY!!!

This is so goofy. Jasmine was on the bump, and unless a great run from her, I expected her to get bumped out. What I didn't expect was one Kalitta car to bump the other one out. Sometimes the team thing doesn't always work out.

if you look back at many national events this year, when is the last time a track delivered consistent low e.t.'s?
indy has given mid 3.6's the last few years, especially friday night. brainerd had mineshaft conditions late friday evening that only yielded i think one high 3.6 and rest were low 3.7's
yesterday at indy only a few teams went mid 7's in fairly good weather.
hit or miss friday night, otherwise the track was not a glue strip saturday and sunday. see what happens today.

Last edited:
Wonder how those people are doing with NHRA promoted gambling? I abide by the old saying, "Never bet on a drag race". I've seen too many weird things happen over the decades.

seems to be a tuner's race today. track will only take so much. at least for FC and TF

seems to be a tuner's race today. track will only take so much. at least for FC and TF

Or is it mostly a one-lane track this afternoon? I can't tell from reading the DRC results.

It's Great to see Clay in the Finals.

DNQ at US Nationals and still go into last 6 races in first place. good to have a substantial lead and others going out early today.
Langdon had the most damge. 2nd to 4th and Brit went to #9 over Billy.

Yep. That’s exactly why the low budget teams like the hotter tracks. They say it’s easier for them to maintain what they’re doing than it is for the big budget teams to slow their cars down.

Now that you mention it, I recall Mercier said on a Friday top end interview that the blower belt company advertising on his dragster is Wendland's company.
I think it was Zizzo that said that, but yes, guaranteed that Reed, Zizzo and Mercier are running Rob Wendland’s belts. I think most other teams run Gates. I love all of those guys, they’ve done extremely well this year.

Wonder how those people are doing with NHRA promoted gambling? I abide by the old saying, "Never bet on a drag race". I've seen too many weird things happen over the decades.
Sunday night in the hotel elevator, I had someone tell me they bet on us for Monday. I laughed.... but that's some weird sh*t as I look back on it and know how the day transiped.

I think it was Zizzo that said that, but yes, guaranteed that Reed, Zizzo and Mercier are running Rob Wendland’s belts. I think most other teams run Gates. I love all of those guys, they’ve done extremely well this year.
We had been running Gates up until Q3. We broke one on Q2 and it cost us the #1 qualifying position.

We had been running Gates up until Q3. We broke one on Q2 and it cost us the #1 qualifying position.
Tony, in your opinion do you think Rob's is a superior belt over Gates and is the better choice? I remember yrs. back we all ran Goodyear or Crager.
and is Rob's belt designed for a blower use.

Tony, in your opinion do you think Rob's is a superior belt over Gates and is the better choice? I remember yrs. back we all ran Goodyear or Crager.
and is Rob's belt designed for a blower use.
I don't know much about it, as I focus on what's inside the bellhousing. From what I'm told, its construction is more forgiving and has more longevity.

I do believe it is built for drag racing competition only.

3.67 and 3.69 for doug. 3.69 for langdon. no time given for JR. tuesday testing at indy. runs in left lane of course.
john kernan video on nhra.com

Wonder if it was a parts issue.
Love the days when you could Hot lap till you found the problem.

Yes, Zizz was talking about it. Good job you guys! That car is always amazing when it shows up. I hope it can run more events next year.

Fact/dumbass check on my part. Tony, you’re with Zizzo team? If I misspoke, I apologize, just set it straight here for the record, and especially going forward.

Yes, Zizz was talking about it. Good job you guys! That car is always amazing when it shows up. I hope it can run more events next year.

Fact/dumbass check on my part. Tony, you’re with Zizzo team? If I misspoke, I apologize, just set it straight here for the record, and especially going forward.
Yes Sir.✌🏿 I do the clutch. Thank you for the kind words.

Yes Sir.✌🏿 I do the clutch. Thank you for the kind words.
Thank you, my friend! Man, I hope you guys get to run more next year. That car is bad ass!

PLEASE come here and tell us whatever updates you have to share. We love these kinds of conversations, and you guys really Rock.

(Folks: I’m having a conversation with Tony Smith, who does the clutch for TJ Zizzo top fuel, here on Nitromater. How ridiculously cool is that?):cool:

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back