Justin vs Tony Final New England Nationals (1 Viewer)

The Crusher

Nitro Member
It’s just because the camera is positioned at the 1/4 mile instead of 1000’ and Tony stayed on the gas longer.

I said the same thing in another thread. It looked like Tony was well ahead way before the 1000' or 1320' lines. I found it extremely odd they showed the replay but neglected to show the finish line still shot like they usually do. Until I see definitive proof Ashley won that, I'm going to have my doubts.

I said the same thing in another thread. It looked like Tony was well ahead way before the 1000' or 1320' lines. I found it extremely odd they showed the replay but neglected to show the finish line still shot like they usually do. Until I see definitive proof Ashley won that, I'm going to have my doubts.
I was/am here at the track. Justin definitely won fair and square.

Source: my own two eyeballs

it's so confusing how and where the camera is placed. you can barely tell where the 1000' finish line is, i always look for the markers on the wall.
yes it appears tony was coming on, and probably stayed in it a bit past the 1000' line, so the camera angle we see at 1320' has tony way out front.
very confusing for most IMO

it's so confusing how and where the camera is placed. you can barely tell where the 1000' finish line is, i always look for the markers on the wall.
yes it appears tony was coming on, and probably stayed in it a bit past the 1000' line, so the camera angle we see at 1320' has tony way out front.
very confusing for most IMO
They used to have two camera towers, one at the thousand foot mark and one at the quarter mile. They'd shoot the nitro cars from the thousand foot one, then I guess the camera guy would run down and get on the quarter mile tower for Pro Stock, so none of this was an issue. Now we only have one tower for everything for whatever reason (cost, transportation, or downright laziness)

They over explain drag racing every show for the newbies, but film it in a way the experienced viewer does a double take and sometimes doesn’t believe what happened. Tony P needs to cut his rhetoric in half at least ( go back and watch Mike Dunn Tony) and the coverage needs to get more with the times. It’s 2023 for Wally’s sake ….

here's a utube video from this last weekend. nice job. this person captures staging lanes, tower, starting line, then pans
to include pro pits, and hills surrounding track. what is there not to like about this video. if a fox camera were located here,
could easily zoom in on startup, burnout, and staging.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back