Johnny west (1 Viewer)

Johnny is a great guy, I got to know him a little bit when he was helping out Jim Maroney on his big show car. Johnny is the perfect person to come in and help a team develop a solid A to B baseline run without hurting parts. He has done it for many teams in recent years. In fact I think he is also helping a local kid, Dylan Winefsky, and his father out because they just bought one of Robert Hight's bigshow cars and are planning on running it next year. Also Johnny still races his Plan A fuel altered every once in a while and still does great in it. He won a race I was at in Tucson last year.

I was as at ETown when Johnny hit the guardrail and rode it unconscious to the sandpit. That was the scariest crash I ever witnessed in person and so glad he’s been around since and the career he’s had.
I just wish Scott Kallitta had made it through his eerily similar incident…
That was on the NHRA . They knew Englishtown was short , they seen what happened in the West accident , so what do they do. They put a camera boom at the end of the track

That was on the NHRA . They knew Englishtown was short , they seen what happened in the West accident , so what do they do. They put a camera boom at the end of the track
I was at Maple Grove in September after Jimmy Nix was killed that May, back in 1994. I liked to go down to the scoreboards and try to photograph the fuelers at the top end. Up against the fence , I waved down a Safety Safari member on an ATV and pointed at the small pile of hay bales against the foot of the scoreboard posts and asked if that was the NHRA’s answer to Nix’s accident. He shrugged his shoulders and took off.
Those Amish farmers out there must have some good quality hay to be able to cushion an errant 300mph dragster …

remember cruz announced medlen was going to help his new, young CC?, but then apparently medlen was under contract with paul lee?
cruz probably needed to find someone to guide his CC while the season gets underway.......will see if JW is in cruz's pit @ bradenton.

remember cruz announced medlen was going to help his new, young CC?, but then apparently medlen was under contract with paul lee?
cruz probably needed to find someone to guide his CC while the season gets underway.......will see if JW is in cruz's pit @ bradenton.
I was really hopimg medlin was going to be with cruz, not sure how it will turn out now

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back