John Force / Hight (1 Viewer)

I'm honestly curious as to why they haven't done interviews with either of them and only sending out press releases.

Really, that's your question? I going out on a limb here and say that you don't understand the magnatude of Force;s injury. And for Hight, he hasn't made a public comment (to my knowledge) all year. Why would he do so now.

Leave them alone to deal with their private issues.

Last edited:
The guy just regained his ability to speak. I'm guessing that's why Force isn't doing any interviews.

And as for Hight, why does it matter if he does an interview? What is going to come out of an interview that isn't already addressed via the press release?

Really, that the question? I going out on a limb here and say that you don't understand the magnatude of Force;s injury. And for Hight, he hasn't made a public comment (to my knowledge) all year. Why would he do so now.

Leave them alone to deal with their private issues.
The guy just regained his ability to speak. I'm guessing that's why Force isn't doing any interviews.

And as for Hight, why does it matter if he does an interview? What is going to come out of an interview that isn't already addressed via the press release?
A public figure who is famous for his interviews and still undergoing speech therapy is NOT going to do any public speaking just yet. When he is ready I'm looking forward to the old John Force having a lot to say.....

Unfortunately the World we now live in with Social Media has become one giant "National Enquirer". The personal and/or medical part of someones life absolutely is not really important to anyone but that person and somehow related parties. The details of why and when someone is returning or not returning to race doesn't change anything.

Unfortunately the World we now live in with Social Media has become one giant "National Enquirer". The personal and/or medical part of someones life absolutely is not really important to anyone but that person and somehow related parties. The details of why and when someone is returning or not returning to race doesn't change anything.
human nature causes many to be curious. Social Media just gives rumors a platform. As John Cash said "Bad news travels like widlfire"

human nature causes many to be curious.
Indeed. Two of the highest profile people in all of drag racing, one hurt for certain and the other with rumored medical issues, are both considered 'family' to thousands of fellow racers and fans who simply care and want to know how they're doing. I don't believe that's an unfair attitude to have and in my opinion, neither would either one of those two racers.

Indeed, like Gates said the medical details are off limits until/unless patient and family are ready to discuss them. I don't believe that's what Steve Ennis was asking for, even though he used the word 'interview'. He knows Force isn't up to an interview and Hight isn't interested in giving one. I'm sure they've been asked plenty.

And that's why John Force Racing hires a PR (person) firm. It allows the inner circle to control the measage getting out.

John Force's right o privacy is far greater than the fan's right to know. The same for Robert Hight and anyone else for that matter.

And that's why John Force Racing hires a PR (person) firm. It allows the inner circle to control the measage getting out.

John Force's right o privacy is far greater than the fan's right to know. The same for Robert Hight and anyone else for that matter.
I'm not talking about, or in any way denying, Force's right to privacy, Gina. I gave a plausible explanation why another drag racer or fan might be curious about his and Robert's well being. Nobody is asking anyone to violate rights of privacy in any way whatsoever. It's not like we expect Force's doctors to log on to NitroMater and give us a medical breakdown of what's happened to John's head.

Please excuse me; no offense but this back and forth over what John Force or anyone else for that matter should be expected to say sounds like how a bunch of 14 year olds would discuss something. No one here wants to infringe on those people. We just care, plain and simple, and waiting for official updates is perfectly fine with me.

Carl, it's actually Gino.

I agree that this matter should not be elevated to an argument. I just accept whatever is put out there by the family and the method they choose to use. I don't understand why others don't.

Seem a lot of people think everything is a two hour movie with a happy endings. Give it time...

Carl, it's actually Gino.

I agree that this matter should not be elevated to an argument. I just accept whatever is put out there by the family and the method they choose to use. I don't understand why others don't.

Seem a lot of people think everything is a two hour movie with a happy endings. Give it time...
I know it's Gino; just a lapse of thought on my part. Sorry, buddy, and thanks for the respectable and sensible reply. 👍

"John Force's right o privacy is far greater than the fan's right to know. The same for Robert Hight and anyone else for that matter."

Well put. Until they start getting paid from taxpayer money, there's no public "right" at all. Public figure and public paid are two different things.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back