John Asher finally says it, nhra & powerade (1 Viewer)

Great thread! Heated yet respectful and informative. One question from a fan. The article which launched this thread was written to air a concern about the NHRA's title sponsor. It was done for the good of drag racing - at least that's the way I understand it?
A few years ago when Ron Capps left DPR for DSR, numerous e-zines rushed to post stories of the new team sponsor, Brut, well in advance of the formal announcement. Some even had "spy" photos taken of the freshly decaled body, again long before the first press conference. By the time the "big day" came, it seemed like the general reaction from online fans was, "Ho-hum. We already knew that month's ago. It's no big deal." My point is this. It's difficult for this fan to reconcile these "concern for the sport" editorial columns when the same press organizations will seemingly (my impression) undermine a new sponsor's initial buzz to get a few more visitors to their website? Were the "leaked" photos pure BS on the sponsor's part or is the "concern for the sport" tempered when there's a hot piece of gossip to be spilled? :confused:

Last edited:
Charles good post, I can't remember the last team sponsor that made the Investment in NHRA that Brut has! All those models they hire at every race at $25 an Hour has got to be ex$pen$ive! And nice to look at I might add...

WIsh I could get one for $25 an hour! I kept up with this thread when it was "current" back in late July. Seems like 99% of it should have been done by PM's. Might have been the "new" Mater's biggest pissin match.

WIsh I could get one for $25 an hour! I kept up with this thread when it was "current" back in late July. Seems like 99% of it should have been done by PM's. Might have been the "new" Mater's biggest pissin match.

see ya want edgy but then when people disagree its a pissin match :rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back