JFR in Trouble? (1 Viewer)

... I've been hitting mute on him for the past couple years because of his constant stammering... Something has changed with him and he's gotten odder for sure.

So, you've been hitting mute but you know, "...he's gotten odder for sure."

Interesting. o_O :)

I don't find his interviews odd, he comes across as having a lot he wants to convey, and he's goes everywhere. That's what makes it entertaining, it surely isn't canned.

Drag Racing isn't over by a longshot. What is over, is trying to find "marketing partners" than can spend $3MIL per year for one car, which seems to be the number required to race at the level of JFR or DSR. Think about it, it was NEVER easy, even during the best economic times. The whole formula as far as the pro show needs a reworking. It's something that will likely happen on it's own, if it isn't starting already.

Here we go again.....I lost count on just how many threads I have seen in here the past 5-7 years over how NHRA is in Trouble, or how Top Fuel will be lucky to have 14 cars come Pomona....yada yada yada! It never happens! I think a lot of you would love such a scenario just to try and take credit for it...

He comes on TV and starts yammering like a stuttering idiot, then I hit the mute button. What's so difficult for your brain to comprehend?

Thats funny, my wife doesn't really watch it but doesn't mind I have it on, but she hates to hear him talk. She says he is annoying lol

Force has been carrying the show all by himself for over 10 years. I'm sure even he is tired of it.
The problem with Force is that there is no one in his organization to take his place. Robert tries, but is as dry as a popcorn fart, and his kids are obviously benefitting from pure nepotism which doesn't command respect, no matter how well they wear makeup. In fact, there is no one in all of drag racing with any sellable charisma to take his place. It's been evident for some time that he is forcing his bit, because it just doesn't come natural anymore, thus shuddering and stupidity.
His charismatic interviews are what separated Force from everyone else for years. But like most bits, it gets old and worn out, and he knows he's out of material. I am sure Castrol wants to move on from it themselves.

Years ago when the sport was viable, we would see a K.C. Spurlock or Dan Pastorini come out of nowhere and win some hearts. Since the team concept was started which forced many single teams out, Force, DSR, Connie now RUN this sport, there is nothing left financially viable to attract new independent blood.

Last edited:
I want buy peak any more cause they left zizzo but who cares but we do buy a lot for my trucking

A peek at the stands says a lot . They frame shots pretty good but empty seats shine pretty much .
Even NASCAR having a difficult time filling stands with high priced tickets and filling cards . There are always a handful of cars with what appears to be claimer engines in them being lapped every lap .
Too many folks hurting and entertainment and toys go first .

Pretty sure the Peak deal is a generic deal, it's not specific to Anti-Freeze or Motor Oil. The deal does include Herculiner and Blue Def.

A peek at the stands says a lot . They frame shots pretty good but empty seats shine pretty much .
Even NASCAR having a difficult time filling stands with high priced tickets and filling cards . There are always a handful of cars with what appears to be claimer engines in them being lapped every lap .
Too many folks hurting and entertainment and toys go first .

You said it right-----Too may folks hurting and entertainment and toys go first. Or as a friend of mine says, when it comes down to a gallon of milk or a part for the hot rod, that gallon of milk will win every trip. I also have to agree with George on many of his comments---the world is changing whether I like it or not. And as an old fart, I think it sucks. But thats the way it is.

Mike Walker: Your comment

"I also have to agree with George on many of his comments---the world is changing whether I like it or not. And as an old fart, I think it sucks. But thats the way it is."

I agree with you. I also do not like what I see in the future but realize peoples interests appear to be changing to things other then drag racing right now.

I am sure the brain trust within the NHRA are working hard trying to figure out ways of improving things and trying to change this trend.

The weather certainly has not been working in their favor and after the Charlotte race rain out and then moving the remaining rounds to Dallas instead of trying to run the rounds on Monday just makes things really kind of crazy.

I really feel sorry for the fans who made the trip to Charlotte and now won't get to the the show.

Let's hope the God's of Racing shine down on the NHRA and give them some decent weather for Dallas.

Jimbo

http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Except there's a Pacific hurricane moving east and due to hit this weekend. Not sure how much Ennis will be bothered but it could be a mess. I know if it rains just a little bit the parking goes in the tank very quick.

Except there's a Pacific hurricane moving east and due to hit this weekend. Not sure how much Ennis will be bothered but it could be a mess. I know if it rains just a little bit the parking goes in the tank very quick.

Not sure if it will extend that far east, but Parts of Cali, all of Arizona and NM can expect steady to heavy rain the next 48-72 Hrs! Tucson is supposed to get 5-8" in the next 24 hrs. Alone!

Heavy rains are predicted for Okla and perhaps N. Texas at least as far south as Dallas. Based on the accuracy of people who make those predicitions it wll probably be clear with sunshine and very hot.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back