JFR Finally Puts out a Release (1 Viewer)

I mean all records are set to stop and be re-broken at a later time, but the incredible 35 consecutive top ten finishes is now laid to rest. I think Doug Kalitta is next at 22. Antron Brown is there as well, but I rather count 1 class drivers.

I hate to spill grape juice on this thread, but I don't believe Force is coming back. While he's still more than capable of driving, at age 71 he has to realize what the stress of running JFR is doing to him....he's tougher than a boot but he's still human and nobody wants to find him slumped over his desk, the victim of a stroke.....we're talking 50 employees, tens of millions in annual expenses, constant dealing with trying to keep current sponsors and acquire new ones, as they themselves have been badly beaten by this virus and race-team sponsorship will be one of the first expenses on the chopping block. And Force doesn't have Schumacher's money; at $3M+ per car per year, he can't operate out of his own pocket for more than a handful of races.

There aren't enough words to express what John Force has done for our sport. Maybe it's just time.

I hate to spill grape juice on this thread, but I don't believe Force is coming back. While he's still more than capable of driving, at age 71 he has to realize what the stress of running JFR is doing to him....he's tougher than a boot but he's still human and nobody wants to find him slumped over his desk, the victim of a stroke.....we're talking 50 employees, tens of millions in annual expenses, constant dealing with trying to keep current sponsors and acquire new ones, as they themselves have been badly beaten by this virus and race-team sponsorship will be one of the first expenses on the chopping block. And Force doesn't have Schumacher's money; at $3M+ per car per year, he can't operate out of his own pocket for more than a handful of races.

There aren't enough words to express what John Force has done for our sport. Maybe it's just time.
if it comes down to it he'll go with 2 cars or whatever he can afford to do. Might make it his last pass tour.

John Force is a business man and he has Robert as president to control the operation of business. I sure John main interest is finding sponsors and keeping them happy.i can see John racing till at least 75 yrs old.unless injury or health issues side lines him.

John Force is a business man and he has Robert as president to control the operation of business. I sure John main interest is finding sponsors and keeping them happy.i can see John racing till at least 75 yrs old.unless injury or health issues side lines him.
I hope you're right, Jesse. Professional-level drag racing needs JFR. But first America needs to be healthy and right now it's anything but. It can return but it's going to take time and a hell of a lot of effort.

Did I miss it in a post or is no one curious about how his hired staff is faring? Are they free to work elsewhere for the rest of the season? Are they SOL for pay?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back