Jay Payne (1 Viewer)

plumbr

Nitro Member
Anyone know for sure if Jay Payne is running a stratus in comp this weekend. DRC has him listed as an 06 Stratus, I don't think that is accurate, but i'd like to make sure.

Thanks
Brian

Payne's ProMod in Comp Elim. has an official NHRA entry of 2006 Dodge Stratus.

His TAFC is a 2007 Mustang

Yep, Camaro. He capped off a 6.05 at 229mph last night in the right lane.

Thanks for the reply, I thought he got rid of the stratus, saw it listed as a stratus on DRC, and was wondering cause I thought you werent allowed to run the late model cars in PM or PM in comp, kinda don't understand that in comp, but I guess thats the rules.

Brian

I don't have the rule book handy, but the "no late models" rule is in the professional Pro Mod series (IHRA, ADRL, and whatever the NHRA-affiliated series is called this year). I don't recall a model year rule in Comp Eliminator.

That said, I believe Jay is running a 68 Camaro this year, but, again, he's in California and I am in Florida (along with Dave Connolly).

I don't have the rule book handy, but the "no late models" rule is in the professional Pro Mod series (IHRA, ADRL, and whatever the NHRA-affiliated series is called this year). I don't recall a model year rule in Comp Eliminator.

That said, I believe Jay is running a 68 Camaro this year, but he's in California and I am in Florida (so is Dave Connolly).

That said, I believe Jay is running a 68 Camaro this year, but he's in California and I am in Florida (so is Dave Connolly).

The way I read the rules in the book Larry, it appears for A/PM and AA/PM in comp it uses the same rules as the professional category, I may be wrong and if I am I'd sure appreciate someone chiming in, as my buddy is very interested in running comp with a Stratus in A/PM. I really wouldn't understand the body rule in comp, makes some sense in the professional series I guess. I personallyy don't like the body rule in either. Love to see a stratus or cobalt racing a Willys or 57.

and would Dave Connoly be doing anything in a prostock car anytime soon?

Jay is driving a '68 Camaro and he's the number one qualifier by a bunch. He made it through 1st round easily without taking any CIC but he blew the tires off in the 2nd round and said bye-bye.

Sorry about Jay but at least he's still alive in the Funny Car.

Let's take 2 today Fletchburger!!!
:D:D:D

Connolly is talking with a few teams, I'm sure the rumors will make the rounds in the near future.

Jay is driving a '68 Camaro and he's the number one qualifier by a bunch. He made it through 1st round easily without taking any CIC but he blew the tires off in the 2nd round and said bye-bye.

This isint the first time he's ran comp in the pro mod and instead of causing a hit to the index he just shut it off last time. Same thing Larry Morgan did last year when he ran comp. Thats why I cant believe the guy in the first round went red against him.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back