Jana Thompson Injured in An On-track Crash (1 Viewer)

glofria

Nitro Member
She was running her C/Gas Nova when the car made a sudden move the left wall (hitting it) before careening over the rightside wall Saturday Night at Sacramento Raceway. And Her injuries are extensive.

I've been hesitant to post something, but pastor Matt Miller provided us the following statement:

Official Update:
There has been a lot of speculation, and frankly ugly rumors going around, so it's time for an update. Jana Thompson is doing incredibly well considering the extent of her injuries. She has been communicating with family and responding as well as possible to treatment. Her condition is still very serious, but she is getting excellent care from her medical team. They have responded to every issue as soon as humanly possble. We ask for your continued prayers for her, Brad, Kim, Casey, and all her dear loved ones. Those prayers are working, so KEEP IT UP!!! Please stop the rumors. It isn't helpful to anyone. Thank you so much for caring, and praying!!!

Jana.jpg

Her car went over the wall? That’s terrible.
Hopefully, she fully recovers.

Her car went over the wall? That’s terrible.
Hopefully, she fully recovers.
I am going off of what I saw on the live feed from the starting line looking down track (not trying to start any rumors). If I'm wrong , I apologize. There was a fire, but to my knowledge it did not cause her injuries.

Does she or the family want to disclose which hospital she is in?
I would at least like to send a get well card. She has brought smiles to a lot of the racing community.
I would certainly understand if they don't in a time like this, especially with some of the weirdos out there...
Thanks,

Does she or the family want to disclose which hospital she is in?
I would at least like to send a get well card. She has brought smiles to a lot of the racing community.
I would certainly understand if they don't in a time like this, especially with some of the weirdos out there...
Thanks,
No Jeff, they have not. While I don't speak for the family, I think they're more concerned about Jana's situation than to be making announcements. There are several facebook pages to offer your well wishes including the family race team;

One of Famoso Raceway's Tech Official has started a GoFundMe page with from what I understand has been approved by the family too:

Thank you for this update. Jana is a fellow competitor in C/G and it's been difficult to find reliable information.
Been in my prayers since Sunday when I first heard about it.

Last edited:
No Jeff, they have not. While I don't speak for the family, I think they're more concerned about Jana's situation than to be making announcements. There are several facebook pages to offer your well wishes including the family race team;

One of Famoso Raceway's Tech Official has started a GoFundMe page with from what I understand has been approved by the family too:

Thanks Gino, I dont do Facebook, but I will wait until her location is available, or I will deliver well wishes when she is back at the races.

Jana's husband Brad gave this update earlier today.

Jana wants me to let everyone know that has reached out with love, compassion, prayers, words of encouragement that they are working! She is feeling God‘s presence, love, Holy Spirit, and Gods healing touch continuously. She believes in the power of prayer and wants to thank everyone for lifting her up to the Lord.
We would like to let everyone know that it’s impossible to respond to all the texts, calls but they have not gone unnoticed.
I’ve been reading to her everyone’s well wishes and it’s doing incredible things for her emotionally.
We’re asking that everyone keep her in your thoughts and prayer.

I wanted to give an update on Jana after speaking with several close family friends this past weekend. Last week she was moved to her parents’ home near Santa Maria, CA and still is in traction. She is in good spirits and has an extensive support group of family and friends. She will be there for a few weeks recovering and then will be moved to recovery hospital in Fresno to start therapy.

I was able to see photos of the aftermath and it’s amazing that she was able to survive. They say that because she worked out daily and the will to live, she will live on.

FYI, Jana posted a message on Facebook this morning thanking everyone for the wellwishes and to say that the medical staff recently removed the external fixation device from her leg. She's doing well and yesterday was her first day of physical rehab. More surgeries lay ahead.

Last edited:
Spoke with the Family at Bakersfield this weekend and Jana is doing great. Dad Casey said She is very driven to get back out to the track and see everyone and her goal is to be at the ANRA season opener for 2022 at Bakersfield and walk up and collect 2 trophies, one for Casey for the A/G Championship and one for husband Brad, the Sportsman Champion.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back