James Drew in VA Hospital... (1 Viewer)

bigfoot

Nitro Member
Hi group, James Drew called me to let everyone know that he is still in the VA hospital in Long Beach with a severe foot infection. He vows to make it to Pomona, but would love to hear from friends and racers at [email protected]

thankx tim marshall

James, Hope your recovery is a quick one. I know missing the testing (or any racing for that matter) hurts more than those feet of yours.

Hello Thanks for the get well wishes I sneaked out of V A Hosp Long Beach to read my e mail ..Due to the U S Gov. they will not let me have a password to get onto their secure network and my new lap top has weird style or different
card slot and my daughter Jessica spent six hours and countless time driving around to get me a wireless up link card No Dice. so I have been with out a computer for the last nine days and that sucks but I need to be in hospital to get super strong drugs to fight the infection in my foot and bones ..it is not looking good right now but the doctors are trying every thing they can to save my foot. I will be in V A hosp for awhile longer another week for sure then I have to the antibiotics threw I V for 6 to 8 weeks. super strong and hopefully keep my foot! that is when they will decide if I need to get it cut off! again I hope and pray for the best. Again thanks for all the e mails and phone calls as laying in a bed in hospital is no fun. James Drew

I wish you good luck in fighting the infection. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Talked to James a little while ago and he may be released from the VA hospital tonight, and if not for sure tomorrow. He will be in a wheelchair for a while, but if you know James you know he will still be covering every inch of Pomona. He still has a long way to go so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Morgan Lucas and Jerry Toliver both called James, and really lifted his spirits. He wanted me to pass along Thanks to everyone.

Pomona wouldn't be the same without your coverage James so find a way but keep healing and follow the Doctor's orders. We'll keep you in our prayers and expect miracles since they still happen every day. It's probably your turn so let's have one.

Take care of yourself and get well James. Trying to do too much too soon can be very detrimental to the future of your foot.

Take care James. Don't over do it. You need your body strong to fight that infection. I will keep you in my prayers!!

Hello Friends I got to come home yesterday, I will be down for a month at least maybe more.my infection in my left foot is really bad ,while I was in the V A hospital in Long Beach 15 days, they had me on three different kinds of I V antibiotics around the clock.the doctors wanted to send me to a nursing home at the V A I talked them into letting me come home and give myself the I V antibiotics three times a day the doctors and myself hope that the antibiotics kill the infection.
I will under go more bone scans after 6 weeks to see if the infection is gone.

if not they will then have to remove the infected bones in my foot by surgery!

I would have informed every one here of my condition sooner but since being home all I have done is sleep. I am confined to wheel chair for now,
which is a manual hand push style I tried talking them into putting a blown Hemi but they said I had to do that on my own.

I am going to try to come out to Pomona Winternationals but I will be watching not working not sure if I will go all four days as I am just plain tired and I need my rest. I will most likely be in the Lucas Oil Suite or in the handicapped wheel chair section depending on the weather and how I feel. But I am L@@King forward to breathing some NITRO!!!!!!!!!!! James Drew

Again thanks for the emails and cards as they have kept me in good spirits!

Get Well cards etc!
James Drew
1211 Hackett Ave
Long Beach Ca 90815 or [email protected]

Hello Friends I got to come home yesterday, I will be down for a month at least maybe more.my infection in my left foot is really bad ,while I was in the V A hospital in Long Beach 15 days, they had me on three different kinds of I V antibiotics around the clock.the doctors wanted to send me to a nursing home at the V A I talked them into letting me come home and give myself the I V antibiotics three times a day the doctors and myself hope that the antibiotics kill the infection.
I will under go more bone scans after 6 weeks to see if the infection is gone.

if not they will then have to remove the infected bones in my foot by surgery!

I would have informed every one here of my condition sooner but since being home all I have done is sleep. I am confined to wheel chair for now,
which is a manual hand push style I tried talking them into putting a blown Hemi but they said I had to do that on my own.

I am going to try to come out to Pomona Winternationals but I will be watching not working not sure if I will go all four days as I am just plain tired and I need my rest. I will most likely be in the Lucas Oil Suite or in the handicapped wheel chair section depending on the weather and how I feel. But I am L@@King forward to breathing some NITRO!!!!!!!!!!! James Drew

Again thanks for the emails and cards as they have kept me in good spirits!

Get Well cards etc!
James Drew
1211 Hackett Ave
Long Beach Ca 90815 or [email protected]

Hang in there James & do what the doc sez. Sounds like some pretty serious stuff there. Maybe you can rig you up a camera mount for your wheelchair!

James,

I met you up in the stands on the Saturday at Pomona back in 06, it was nice chatting to you, I was the Australian kid with the English accent.

Anyway I hope you get well soon.

Take care,

Mike

Well Folks I am back home after my 2nd stay at the L B V A, I keep trying to book a 5 star hotel on hotwire.com and keep getting the same place!

I had some surgery an had to have the infected bones removed from my left foot every thing looks good so far so they let me come home I was going to drive over to the NHRA POWERade CSK Nats being I have never missed one race, but my daughter Jessica hid the keys to my van and my motor home would kill me in gas $$$.:)

So I am at home listening to Bob Frey and getting phone updates from my friends who of course said no to picking me up at airport! They tried to blame
Friday's rain on me, now C mon like I have something to do with making it rain.
Thanks God for taking care of my prayers but I wanted it to rain every day not just Friday!:p

well I know this my doctors have said that I should be able to make it to the 50th Annual March Meet and then to the 1st PSCA race at Auto Club Dragway!:rolleyes:

I again want to Thank all the people who e mailed and called me.

Too Mike English I was really their I had them screening my calls and you were on the give the run around too!

Cya S@@N at the track

James Drew

P S hey Guys it is raining here so you sure are not missing anything at NAPCAR:cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back