J.R. on Wind Tunnel!!! (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
I hope you saw this! This young man is an incredible ambassador for our sport.
Dave Despain showed a lot of respect for J.R. and asked some very incisive questions. Including (paraphrasing here), "Why do you think NHRA is so far ahead in diversity?"
This was a big moment for NHRA (and especially J.R.) on a hugely respected show - :cool:

I agree Jim,
JR represented the professional side of drag racing quite well despite his age. When I think of he, Morgan, Brandon, Ashley and the like taking this sport of ours, which was born in their parents' lifetimes, into the next stages of progression, I feel we are in quite capable hands.

I'm glad JR got his shot and the fact that he has experienced the success he has. But I'm sure sick of hearing about Diversity! Anytime a female or minority gets a ride in any motorsport the "D" word gets bandered about, talk about Tiring!! Diversity is the PC definition of quotas, making sure all groups get equal representation. I hope that most people look at JR as one who paid his dues growing up in this sport, waiting for his shot at a ride. Instead of a demographic void...:rolleyes:

One thing people need to remember is that NHRA welcome drivers of all races since the sport's beginning. There was the bean bandits IN THE 60's, John Kimble in the 70's, Flournoy in the 80's, the Pedregons in the 90's and beyond.

I'm glad JR got his shot and the fact that he has experienced the success he has. But I'm sure sick of hearing about Diversity! Anytime a female or minority gets a ride in any motorsport the "D" word gets bandered about, talk about Tiring!! Diversity is the PC definition of quotas, making sure all groups get equal representation. I hope that most people look at JR as one who paid his dues growing up in this sport, waiting for his shot at a ride. Instead of a demographic void...:rolleyes:

Joe - that is a realy interesting opinion! I saw JR's discussion with Dave as an opportunity to demonstrate that anyone with talent can go much further in drag racing than any other series. We all want our sport to grow - what better way to attract new fans than to show that minorities and women have an EQUAL opportunity! And . . . quotas?
I don't think you and I disagree on most issues, but we are certainly on opposite sides of the fence on this one!
Any other Mater opinions? - Jim

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back