It's Official -- Johnny Gray (1 Viewer)

Unlike the "plenty of Wally winning FC drivers that would make more sense to be behind the wheel of a fuel flopper," Johnny won't be concerned about funding.

I need to ask Johnny if they need a TA/FC to go along with their program.:D

RG

what Randy said in regards to the funding issues...and I'll expand on my post....

I've always admired him and considered him to be a top flight funny car driver...TAFC and Fuel Flopper.

He did a great job driving in Pro Stock, but kinda like it will be weird seeing Del Worsham drive in Top Fuel Dragster, It was 'odd' seeing him drive in Pro Stock. Plus, Johnny showed how good of a driver he was TWICE in Pro Stock when he was sent down 'questionable track prepped conditions' early in the 2009 NHRA Season. So, he can drive pretty much anything with wheels...I just picture the guy as a funny car driver.....

That's why it makes sense to me....

And as to Wayne's post on "plenty of Wally winning FC drivers that would make more sense to be behind the wheel of a fuel flopper,"....well... did they bring the check?

His sponsors (who he has developed a great relationship with in the past few years) wanted a presence in Nitro Flopper...and Johnny is one helluva Nitro Pilot....drove Don's "Wonder Wagon" funny car at Indy a few years back....

....makes sense.... doesn't it?

photo of don and john does look odd;
recent times usually shows older owner with young driver..........
not the case here

I think Don is 64 or 65 IIRC.

I stand corrected (please forgive me). When you get to be my age everyone is typically younger, not older. BTW, Johnny is older than me...but not by much, though.

I got a call from someone who said DS's birthday is November 4, 1944. That means he was just a pup when I first saw him yanking the "Stardust" down the 1/4 mile at Pomona about 100 years ago. That makes me 115 years old.

RG

Heck, that makes Don only 10 years older than me ;) Which means he was only 24 or so when I first saw him run the old Butch Leal car...

d'kid
Off to see the Yogi Bear Movie (and not in 3D)

let's not forget about TBC corp.

in illinois recently and noticed NTB stores; i recognize their retail brands
solely based on their motorsports involvment.
last year when they joined with the Grays, i was not aware of them at all;
one year later i am.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back