It's Official -- Johnny Gray (1 Viewer)

...that is one sharp looking car!

Congrats to all parties involved....Johnny behind the wheel of a fuel flopper just makes sense..

rite with ya' randy - great to see Mr. Gray back in funny car;
TBC Corp. looking good :cool:

TBC announced 12/9/10 Valvoline was preferred lubricant for their
retail group

Last edited:
Great to see another Fuel Coupe out there, should be a contender, a very sharp looking ride.

This is great news. Plus, it will be interesting to see who gets the seat in his pro-stock if he can work that out. ideas on who that might be, anyone???"?:confused:

great to see him back out. I also wanted Beard to be back out too. This should be good.

This is great news. Plus, it will be interesting to see who gets the seat in his pro-stock if he can work that out. ideas on who that might be, anyone???"?:confused:

has it been said that they will still campaign a pro-stock car? I was under the impression that the sponsor wanted the upgrade and was not gonna replace a driver for gray's empty seat. I thought this was getting rid of the 2 car ps and just going 1 fc and 1 ps

has it been said that they will still campaign a pro-stock car? I was under the impression that the sponsor wanted the upgrade and was not gonna replace a driver for gray's empty seat. I thought this was getting rid of the 2 car ps and just going 1 fc and 1 ps

In the interview on Competition Plus Johnny Gray said that his P/S car will be back out subject to a sponsorship deal. He was not ready to "announce anything."
Thanks to Don Schumacher, Service Central, Tire Kingdom and Johnny Gray. I agree it's a good looking car.
Cheers,
Ed
Rocky Mountain Superchargers

Maybe this is one of the calls Jeggie received... Richie Stevens may be good for the seat. He and Share are a young marketable team for sure.

This is great news! Congratulations, Johnny.

One of my favourite Brainerd memories was Johnny running one of the first 200 mph Comp Eliminator runs ever in his A/Dragster. Since it occurred on a Thursday, not many fans were there to see it, but I was lucky to be trackside, covering the race for a Winnipeg newspaper.

Can anyone confirm the details on the above? I'm quite certain it happened in the mid-90s.

Edit: Johnny's bio on nhra.com says "First driver to exceed 200 mph in a gasoline-powered car" but does not list a date or location.

Edit #2: Google is my friend. From Johnny's website...1993 First to exceed 200 mph in a gasoline powered car with a 6.68 at 201 mph in Houston.

I'll assume that was with the A/Dragster.

Last edited:
Wonder if DSR took over the sponsorship contract with Service Central like they took over the Fram contract from Cory Mac?

Wonder if DSR took over the sponsorship contract with Service Central like they took over the Fram contract from Cory Mac?

+1

Probably & my thoughts exactly! ;) ;)

And I gotta agree w/Alan re: Tim's quote. If memory serves correctly, there are plenty of Wally winning FC drivers that would make more sense to be behind the wheel of a fuel flopper.
:confused: :confused:

Possibly not . . . although I doubt any of us will ever know. I'll bet Johnny has remained in control of TBC's sponsorship of SKI - this guy didn't fall off a turnip truck.

Also, TBC Retail group is the full time sponsor of Graham Rahal on Ganassi's second Indycar team. IndyCar is getting a huge amount of attention in automotive media - of course it remains to be seen if next season will live up to all the hype. TBC may be spreading its sponsorship around to see where they get the best ROI. It will be interesting.

+1
And I gotta agree w/Alan re: Tim's quote. If memory serves correctly, there are plenty of Wally winning FC drivers that would make more sense to be behind the wheel of a fuel flopper.
:confused: :confused:

Unlike the "plenty of Wally winning FC drivers that would make more sense to be behind the wheel of a fuel flopper," Johnny won't be concerned about funding.

I need to ask Johnny if they need a TA/FC to go along with their program.:D

RG

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back