Is IHRA Now Feld's 4th String Motorsports Property? (1 Viewer)

Triple Nickel II

Nitro Member
Here is a headline and press release posted today on IHRA.com. To me, it raises many questions.

=======================

SPEED™ Extends Broadcast Deal for Feld Motor Sports Properties Through 2013

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- SPEED has reached an agreement with Feld Motor Sports, Inc., to extend its broadcast rights deal for the Monster Energy® Supercross Series, an FIM World Championship, through at least 2013, with new deals also in place to air events from the AMA Arenacross Series, USHRA Monster Jam® and International Hot Rod Association (IHRA) Nitro Jam.

“This new deal with Feld Motor Sports delivers a diverse collection of racing properties for our viewers,” said SPEED President Hunter Nickell. “It is a great blend of competition and entertainment … a mix that already has proven to resonate with a large number of race fans.”

=======================

1) Why was IHRA placed last on the list of properties? It isn't an alphabetic issue.

2) Is this a poorly written press release or is the Supercross series the only one of the 4 properties that has the extension through 2013? I read it that way with the Arenacross, Monster Jam, and Nitro Jam programs only having "new deals in place".

3) Does this 4th string status reflect Speed's or Feld's view of IHRA within their motorsports properties?

Tune in tomorrow when we will answer these and many other burning questions on "As The Feld Turns".

Last edited:
1. It shows which of the programs are profitable for SPEED starting from the top to the bottom.... realisticly IMO...

2...realisticly.. i would expect they had to take the IHRA if they wanted the others... suposedly the Monster Jam shows are pretty decent in the ratings for SPEED as far as filler programs go....

3. Probably both... regretfully...

i hate to say this...because the IHRA use to be my favorite drag sactioning body..... but until.. new management comes to the IHRA it will continue to decline.... and the bad part of new management is if someone else buys the IHRA from Feld... expect the tv deal to go away.....

Billy

Being that the IHRA always had to buy TV time before, like the NHRA has to with ESPN, I guess this is a good thing. Perhaps Feld could leverage some more prompt broadcasts also - I don't necessarily mind delayed coverage, even a week or two later, but they are still working thru the IHRA season months after it ended.:(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back