Is Force Forcing Ashley? (2 Viewers)

George.

Nitro Member
I gotta say, I just don't see the "fire" in Ashley Force to drive a fuel Funny..
That has me worried for her welfare.
If the Driving Force TV show is any indication, she's doing it for her father, and not because it is something she would do if JF were not her father.
Am I off base here?

Ashley seems like she would rather shop than race. That's cool, but hey...
Not a good sign to me..
I would hope that she would be wanting to know everything about everything in fuel racing. Eating, drinking and sweating racing like Shelly Anderson did. I never worried about Shelly.....

It's not a knock, but I don't think she is anywhere near mature enough. Not yet..
Having said that, I do not know her and never met her. It's simple speculation, and maybe ignorant speculation...
If my presumptions are right, I would hope Ashley sticks with what she is comfortable with until she truly understands what opportunity she has, and the danger involved if your heart and brain isn't running at 110%.

Shoving somebody into a fuel car is easy for someone who has decades of experience, but JF's experience may be working against him here. It's a simple walk in the park for JF, but he doesn't know that it just isn't that simple for the rest of the world.

Last edited:
I disagree with you George. As big of a worrier as Force seems to be on the show, I dont think he would let his kid , or mine, drive a car they werent ready to drive. Obviously Ashley probably wouldnt be involved to this extent if her father werent who he is.

I see it & have always seen it in Ashley. She's not on a nitro high (as in hyper) like John, but no one is like John.

You can't go by the televison show when it comes to Ashley. I don't know about her sisters --- haven't seen them nearly as much, but I do know that Ashley has a passion for racing.

John wouldn't put her or push her into car unless she was serious about it.

I disagree with George, but it wouldn`t surprise me to see Ashley run A/fuel another year. I don`t think there`s any rush for her to move up to the FC, because when she does, she`ll be racing it for the next 30 years. I think she definitely knows what she wants to do, and she`s going about it the right way...not sure Courtney and Brittany are going to ever step up to the Pro ranks, but they`re still young.

I have to agree with Vincent Carmichael above. While I may have some doubt about the other Force girls, from what we get observing the program I think it's clear that Ashley does indeed have a passion from the sport. In fact one of her sister's said something to that effect in a recent episode. What's more, Ashley herself has more than once talked about her passion for racing and her reasons for wanting to drive a flopper. She's also made it clear that she is not going to race full time in the funny car until she is comfortable with doing so.

I think she's going to be great for the sport of drag racing and I look forward to watching her career develop.

You could see it in the show last night. When John was making a point, B & C rolled their eyes and Ashley has that spark and seems to get her dad for the most part. I think she will do well. If that means she needs to wait another year, who cares. She has a long life ahead of her...

I know this may sound stupid, but it does pertain to the show. I can't stand the way they make the fuel cars sound like super stockers. Is there some reason they can't use the actual audio of a nitro car? I'm stupid that way, but it just makes my skin crawl when they show a flipping funny car staging and you can here them clearing the motor. It just aint right. :confused:

In fact, I think Ashley is as serious about drag racing as John... It's just that personality wise, they are complete opposites. John's running with the lable, can and the pour spout with 3% H in the tank , Ashley's more laid back... taking in everything that's happening around her, studying the 'ART' of racing... and still, zigs them at her dad...

And if she wants another year of Mondays in the flopper... more power to her... it's not like she has anything to prove to us by 'having' to run flopper next year.

I see it in Ashley to go pro in FC, maybe not in 2007, she may need some more seat time, but she's got it in her.

Brittany going pro? No, she wants to be a teacher. Courtney? No, she wants a Juicy Purse, or as JF asks......"A JUICY WHAT???"

I don't think a reality show is a good way to REALLY judge anyone. The producers/directors/whoever make the people look the way they want them to look for ratings purposes. You can only believe a certain percentage of what you see.

obviously george is another force hater like tons on here. i disagree, ashlee seems like shes really into it, how can you tell by a show george? yes force really wants his daughter to suceed like him. i think ashlee will be just fine in that funy car. it worked out for the other 2 kids hes groomed in the last 3 years, oh yeah and another guy who won a championship by the name of pedregon. shell be aweosme. cant wait to see ashlee and john sqaring off in a final! jfr -#1

obviously george is another force hater like tons on here. i disagree, ashlee seems like shes really into it, how can you tell by a show george? yes force really wants his daughter to suceed like him. i think ashlee will be just fine in that funy car. it worked out for the other 2 kids hes groomed in the last 3 years, oh yeah and another guy who won a championship by the name of pedregon. shell be aweosme. cant wait to see ashlee and john sqaring off in a final! jfr -#1
Dude..how do you get Force hater out of George's post? I thought it was a valid point..and it was being debated thoughtfully.

Thanks David..

I think if anybody knows me here, I am one of John Force's biggest fans and supporters. Just look at the "Force overrated" thread a couple of week ago...
I want to see Ashley kick @ss. It would be the best thing for the sport since Power-aid.
I am just wondering what you guys think about her, and if she's the real deal.
I hope that I am totally wrong, and I'm certainly not trying to offend anybody, especially John and Ashley.

I have only seen the first episode, but like many "reality" shows, I'm sure some hollywood liberals are in meetings putting footage together to make it seem a certain way????
Maybe she's not quite ready, but I think she can do it!
BTW, she's HAWT:D

If you have ever been around Ashley at the track you would realize that she is the real deal. I watched her run the 4.89 at the pre Nats teat here in Indy and she was fighting the car all the way down the track. It never got totally out of line but it also did not go right down the middle of the lane. Now that she has her own car and is not worried about tearing up her dad's ride she seems more relaxed prior to making a lap.
She definitely wants to do this but as was pointed out in another post she is smart enough to do it at her own pace.

Roo Man

I believe Ashley is doing it the right way. And from what I read about her test session..Coil said "She grew a set!"

I'll give Jeff the benefit of the doubt..not a big deal..so let's don't make it one.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back