Is anyone else absolutely appalled by this? (1 Viewer)

it appears a weak link was discovered last season

And can anyone here put an exact time as to when Wayne, Urs and company actually KNEW about this? :confused: :rolleyes:

Didn't think so... seeing that the one person that could post about his knowledge of the situation, has not.

Although understandable, as he is being a REAL crewchief (as opposed to the keyboard type), and is in the process of putting another Top Fuel car together safely...

And can anyone here put an exact time as to when Wayne, Urs and company actually KNEW about this? :confused: :rolleyes:
Well, if you read the original article/press release from Wayne on Eurodragster (link in the op), you will find out the exact time Wayne and Urs found out about the problem. Somewhere around 3.2 seconds after leaving the Houston startline is a close enough guess for me. Yes, the sport is inherently dangerous, and yes, anything travelling over 300 mph will be a calculated risk. But surely to god, if there is information in any pit to mitigate that risk, then that knowledge should be shared.

Well, if you read the original article/press release from Wayne on Eurodragster (link in the op), you will find out the exact time Wayne and Urs found out about the problem. Somewhere around 3.2 seconds after leaving the Houston startline is a close enough guess for me. Yes, the sport is inherently dangerous, and yes, anything travelling over 300 mph will be a calculated risk. But surely to god, if there is information in any pit to mitigate that risk, then that knowledge should be shared.

Don't doubt that if it was someting discussed in the pro nitro circles, it then becomes the decisions of the crewchief and team accountant about what actions, if any, should be implemented. So again, the question is WHEN this team heard about the problem that had supposedly been a subject of conversation in the circle of professionals that they run in... It's not like folks WEREN'T talking about T-Ped's boomer last year in the REAL crewchief ranks... Hell, WE here in keyboard land were discussing it like the rocket surgeons and brain scientists that we are..:rolleyes:

"We're not really in the regular clique of racers out here so we hadn't heard about this problem. Most of the other guys talked about it after Tony's deal and they've fixed the problem. We just weren't in that loop so we learned the hard way."

Are you telling me that a year later, Wayno is so far out of the loop that he hadn't heard it even from his own brother?

Last edited:
No, its not me thats telling you.

Pretty interesting loop:

Wayne Dupuy Tapped as Crew Chief for Cruz Pedregon

Decorated crew chief Wayne Dupuy, 43, brings a lifetime of tuning experience to the Cruz Pedregon-owned Funny Car operation. The son of retired NHRA Director of Competition Lynwood Dupuy, Wayne first attended drag races as a youngster when his father owned and operated racetracks in Baton Rouge, La., Atlanta, and Houston. Once he became old enough to compete, Dupuy began bracket racing Top Sportsman Motorcycles. By the mid-1980s, the intricacies and challenges associated with tuning race cars took over, and Dupuy found a home on the working end of a wrench. He first assumed the role of crew chief on an alcohol-powered dragster. A year later, he graduated to the elite ranks of Top Fuel racing, where he worked the bottom end of the dragsters of NHRA legends Connie Kalitta and Gene Snow. Literally working from the bottom up, Dupuy was a crew chief soon. Guiding the likes of K.C. Spurlock, Cory McClenathan, Phil Burkart Jr., Todd Paton, Jim Epler, Cristen Powell, Johnny Gray, Darrell Russell, Morgan Lucas and, most recently, Doug Herbert.

And I get Tony's comment Mel... totally. That's just not right. :(

45921590.popcorn.gif

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back