Interesting read. (1 Viewer)

Seems Ford teams need to find another door to knock on...

Hoping Chevy/ GM steps up with a shell and some tunnel time

My last new car purchase last year was a Charger due to their involvement with the NHRA. When I bought my wife a new car 3 years ago it was a Ford due to their involvement with the NHRA and the "drive one" promo, my wife drove a Flex and loved it. I only keep my vehicles until they hit 50,000 miles, so sometime next year my wife's Flex will be at that point and I will be trading it in and it will be a Dodge/Chrysler product due to their continued support of the NHRA. Thank you Dodge/Chrysler/Fiat for your continued support of the NHRA.

Come on Alan, you can't bring positive news here. We are team doom and gloom :)

Thanks Alan. You do know he really could not say anything else. Besides, if Chrysler pulled out like Ford did it would likely be the end of his job.

Come on Alan, you can't bring positive news here. We are team doom and gloom :)

Doom and gloom was all us Mopar guys were seeing, when first Mercedes and then that group of investors (Cerebus) started to steer Mopar towards oblivion. Racing would have been the least of our problems if the whole Chrysler brand had imploded. When Fiat announced it's involvement, it hardly sounded like it was going to be any better....but I want to thank them for not only continuing to build the performance vehicles, but continuing their involvement in drag racing.

Mopar couldn't ask for a better thing then drag racing. From top fuel and funny car to top alcohol and pro mod and many other classes there are alot of guys running hemi's, they may not be made in a mopar factory but when you think hemi you think mopar.

What other company can say that the main engine used in a sport is based on an engine they designed and built in 1964.

Chevy and Ford fans will say they arent the same because they don't use factory parts yet there are plenty of fords and chevrolet engines out there built without factory parts.

Mopar has been synonimous (probably spelt that wrong) with nitro racing since the 1950's.

Pietro Gorlier is the CEO of the "Mopar Brand", Service Parts and Customer Service. The Mopar Brand is pretty much Chrysler's involvement with drag racing. That is how they market Mopar. If they market Mopar elsewhere it is a good secret. Service parts and customer care is largely the same in most auto companies. Parts distribution and depots are what they are. Run them efficiently. Same with warranty administration. All of the administration is done centrally at Chrysler.
I am not making a quarrel here. I am just pointing out that in other companies this job is a division head at best and in at least two that I know of the job and the associated staff have been eliminated to save money.
I stand by what I said before. I would bet no Mopar in drag racing equals no need for the position.

I'll disagree with you Steve. Chrysler's brand of parts(MoPar) has been pushed by the corporation as far as I can remember.It's more than a brand,it's also a identity,so it makes perfect sense to use Mopar as the sponsor,as it identifies the Chrysler Corporation as a whole.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back