Indy2 (1 Viewer)

The race was great unfortunately they didn't get the finals in. I was pulling for TJ to win. Was anyone beside me watching it on NHRA-TV. Alan is a great announcer but whoever was handling the audio from the trailer obviously wasn't paying attention, or was asleep or deaf. Sometimes you could hear Alan then other times they had the Mic on the starting line on and you couldn't hear him over the roar or he was talking and you heard something which sounded like people somewhere else talking.
I would give Alan a 'A' for his work and whoever was handling the audio a BIG F.
I hope the rest of the races at Indy are not the same. I refuse to listen to the babbling of Tony P on FOX.

Just like Mike Ashley said, lots of moving parts and having center stage on Saturday evening at the U.S. Nationals probably was the best option.

The race was great unfortunately they didn't get the finals in. I was pulling for TJ to win. Was anyone beside me watching it on NHRA-TV. Alan is a great announcer but whoever was handling the audio from the trailer obviously wasn't paying attention, or was asleep or deaf. Sometimes you could hear Alan then other times they had the Mic on the starting line on and you couldn't hear him over the roar or he was talking and you heard something which sounded like people somewhere else talking.
I would give Alan a 'A' for his work and whoever was handling the audio a BIG F.
I hope the rest of the races at Indy are not the same. I refuse to listen to the babbling of Tony P on FOX.
Camera guy sucks too, cant even focus or stay with the cars.

Terry,

Thanks for the kind words, and we are aware of the audio issues. As I'm sure you guys know we are doing this with a skeleton crew and last week there were some people in different positions, as well as one person sometime trying to do three jobs. It will be addressed, and I apologize for problems this past weekend.

As for the why wait until the US Nationals, everyone has pretty much explained that. One of the considerations that was also looked at is with the two shot qualifying someone could be put in a very tough position of deciding what call to make. Think about this, you have a problem Q1 now for Q2 you are in a lane you haven't run, and you're not qualified, AND you are trying to win your first TF race. By doing it at the US Nationals they will have two shots to qualify, they will have had one run in each lane, and then they will line up and run for the trophy. It really does make the most sense.

Alan

Terry,

Thanks for the kind words, and we are aware of the audio issues. As I'm sure you guys know we are doing this with a skeleton crew and last week there were some people in different positions, as well as one person sometime trying to do three jobs. It will be addressed, and I apologize for problems this past weekend.

As for the why wait until the US Nationals, everyone has pretty much explained that. One of the considerations that was also looked at is with the two shot qualifying someone could be put in a very tough position of deciding what call to make. Think about this, you have a problem Q1 now for Q2 you are in a lane you haven't run, and you're not qualified, AND you are trying to win your first TF race. By doing it at the US Nationals they will have two shots to qualify, they will have had one run in each lane, and then they will line up and run for the trophy. It really does make the most sense.

Alan
What happens if covid spreads badly again and they shut everything down again before the us natls?? Who wins then? Lol

tv ratings from indy 2. a bump up from previous week, which should definitely happen
considering national network and great time slot. covid, folks at home, no vacations, no travel; i'm amazed the rating isn't higher.

Attachments

• Screenshot (10).png
    Screenshot (10).png
    170.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
tv ratings from indy 2. a bump up from previous week, which should definitely happen
considered national network and great time slot. covid, folks at home, no vacations, no travel; i'm amazed the rating isn't higher.
I guarantee I will be sitting in front of my tv when Zizzo and Ashley run their final. That will make the Nationals even more exciting then it would have been.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back