INDY: Sunday - More Rain. (1 Viewer)

happily, first rd and looks like semis of TRAXXAS TF is being run.....and everyone, you'll be happy to know...Paul Page is ecstatic about JR Todd's return....again...and he will let you know everytime JR is on TV..."it's good to have him back"....yes paul....we got that the first 20 times....last time he showed up to the track. I wonder what JR thinks about his man-crush

Roger Richards posted on Facebook that Pits are pretty Flooded and they are looking for any and all Pumping equipment in the area to help out! But the NHRA as of now is considering postponing the rest of the event till Next weekend! But NOTHING has been announced as of yet!

This was the the Pro Pits up there back a few years back during the Good-Guys event...that place does not drain very well.

408300_4525630502972_1473305536_n.jpg

Sorry..... :)

This was back in '09. They had to move alot of equipment out during this one. People had water in the trailers and the far end of the track past the first turn off was completely flooded. They used pumps over night to get it cleaned up and it was still a mess.

Wow, Larry Morgan, Kurt Johnson, Jerry Eckman, Greg Stanfield, Robert Hight, Cruz Pedregon, Cory McClenathan, Tommy Johnson Jr, Hillary Will, Terry McMillen just some of the big names on the outside looking in for eliminations tomorrow. Larry Morgan will miss the countdown because of it.

Wow, Larry Morgan, Kurt Johnson, Jerry Eckman, Greg Stanfield, Robert Hight, Cruz Pedregon, Cory McClenathan, Tommy Johnson Jr, Hillary Will, Terry McMillen just some of the big names on the outside looking in for eliminations tomorrow. Larry Morgan will miss the countdown because of it.

Don't top 10 guys get inserted into the field ? If so, Hight and Cruz will get in but Morgan will not.

If it rains out tomorrow they will open the fields back up next Saturday and have 2 more sessions and run the race next Sunday.

The forecast is only 30% rain. I'm torn on it. Part of me is so excited because it's the Nationals and I can't wait for monday.. Then part of me hopes it rains out to get the 2 more sessions and the Traxxas Shootout done next saturday and the potential change in the order. Of course the preliminary 10 day shows 40% rain next sat and 20% next sun with highs in the upper 70s. Could be wholesale changes in the field, or it could get really hot and not matter aside for the last 4 spots. Guess I'll have to go to bed excited and see what tomorrow morning brings!

The forecast is only 30% rain. I'm torn on it. Part of me is so excited because it's the Nationals and I can't wait for monday.. Then part of me hopes it rains out to get the 2 more sessions and the Traxxas Shootout done next saturday and the potential change in the order. Of course the preliminary 10 day shows 40% rain next sat and 20% next sun with highs in the upper 70s. Could be wholesale changes in the field, or it could get really hot and not matter aside for the last 4 spots. Guess I'll have to go to bed excited and see what tomorrow morning brings!

Dave i know just how you feel. Been in that frame of mind a few times over the yrs. best thing is to enjoy tonight and see what the weather gods bring in the morning. Cause thinkin about it aint gonna change anything;)

Cheers for Mr. Larry Morgan, he was just interviewed on TV, and expressed great concern for THE FANS, and wondered how "The Sanctioning Body" intends get all those people onto the grounds on Monday with all the rain and soaked soil.

Cheers for Mr. Larry Morgan, he was just interviewed on TV, and expressed great concern for THE FANS, and wondered how "The Sanctioning Body" intends get all those people onto the grounds on Monday with all the rain and soaked soil.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Larry Morgan fan, but he wants this thing to be pushed to next week more than anybody. He's 4 points out of 10th and not in the show.

And as for fans, they will make it tomorrow if it's raining or not. I was there all day today and the place was still packed (we were all under the bleachers or in the NitroMall) with people even though it was a downpour most of the day. Yes, there was a lot of water everywhere and the parking areas are soaking, but the fans will be there tomorrow.....I know I will!!

Looking at the radar, the rain cleared out about 6pm local time, not sure how long it may take to have dried the track.. 8pm? I wish they could have waited to try have one last pro qualifier. Radar looking pretty clear at the moment. Tomorrow is 30% all day and listed as "isolated showers." I think they'll get this thing in!

Yes, NHRA can make it work for the fans. Reminds me of one year at Bill Meyer's track with similar conditions. They had remote parking all over town, and bussed fans to the front gates of the track. I hope it works out, for fans and competitors alike

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back