Indy 2021 (1 Viewer)

I am sure they will provide an updated schedule for tomorrow. Anyone know where this would be published? I can never seem to find such updates.
Well they will start sportsman eliminations at 7:45. Top Fuel will be on the track at 10am. Have the live tv window so the late rounds sportsman eliminations will most likely be run after the pro finals.

Sunday's schedule from the D3 Facebook...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1630802580599.jpg
    FB_IMG_1630802580599.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
congratulations tim and your entire operation
My daughter is a big Wilkerson fan; she was crying after that W light came on for Tim. Too bad someone had to lose - that's the only race on the circuit Capps hasn't won and I know he wanted it in the worst of ways.

anyone have any video that shows richard hartman's winning starting line interview? he was moved. very cool. happy for him.

My daughter is a big Wilkerson fan; she was crying after that W light came on for Tim. Too bad someone had to lose - that's the only race on the circuit Capps hasn't won and I know he wanted it in the worst of ways.
I hadn't realized that it was Wilk's first win in 5 years till Alan mentioned it on PA. I'm happy for him and team. Crew was really jazzed going past the stands to get to the top end, especially Daniel!

Alan kept mentioning that Indy isn't just another race and made it sound like someone said that it was just another race. Anyone know if some said that?

Thanks, NHRA and Fox Sports - FOR DITCHING THE STUPID, CONSTANT BACKGROUND ROCK MUSIC throughout the entire first round by the time round 2 began. It was so overpowering at times that you could barely tell the fuel cars were running. We finally muted the audio and just watched the video instead. Whoever thought that was a good idea should be locked in a closet and blasted with the same music for about 3 hours.

Alan kept mentioning that Indy isn't just another race and made it sound like someone said that it was just another race. Anyone know if some said that?
Force crew chief and son and law Danny Hood said it after the 1st round win. Alan ran with it.

That awful public domain death metal music drove me to NHRA.TV. Some tasteless NHRA higher up thinks the kids will tune in because they drown a nitro car with horrific music. That's what you get when you hire nonracers to run a sanctioning body. This tells me somebody in Glendora is pretty insecure about their "product."

don't forget to follow up with joe castello and wes buck shows.......wes interviews wilk. tim talks about his mindset and strategy as sunday unfolded. very good.

Another way to look at it is in today's world if you are really a Pro racer and you don't look at every race like it is as important as Indy you don't have a winning mindset - Vice Versa would be the same thing - right! You need to go for the Jugular from the Winternationals to the World finals..

Another way to look at it is in today's world if you are really a Pro racer and you don't look at every race like it is as important as Indy you don't have a winning mindset - Vice Versa would be the same thing - right! You need to go for the Jugular from the Winternationals to the World finals..
I agree with that. But no one is going to convince me Indy doesn't mean more than the rest of them.

Like Steve T.

I agree with that. But no one is going to convince me Indy doesn't mean more than the rest of them.
Yes - You are right. Having run there 2 times in Top Gas and 2 Times in Top Fuel in the late 60's & early 70's I have to say it was a really big Deal. With close to 60 cars just qualifying was an all day marathon from the time you got teched in on Thursday to Race Day on Monday. It was a lot more just a good time and not a business back then than it is now though.

Last edited:
I see this same discussion every year. NHRA talks up that Indy is like no other race and there are some real fans of the sport like Capps who agree but the reality is unlike other special car races like the Indy 500, Le Mans and Monaco GP where the track layout and locations differ greatly, Indy is juat a straight 1/4 mile of racetrack in North America like every other track. There’s nothing special about it other than some notable races from the past lasting just 4-12 seconds at a time. Against other motorsports’ special events, it’s not particularly special. That’s not to say I don’t buy into it - I want it to be special - but really it’s not.

I see this same discussion every year. NHRA talks up that Indy is like no other race and there are some real fans of the sport like Capps who agree but the reality is unlike other special car races like the Indy 500, Le Mans and Monaco GP where the track layout and locations differ greatly, Indy is juat a straight 1/4 mile of racetrack in North America like every other track. There’s nothing special about it other than some notable races from the past lasting just 4-12 seconds at a time. Against other motorsports’ special events, it’s not particularly special. That’s not to say I don’t buy into it - I want it to be special - but really it’s not.
Have you ever been to the US Nationals? Not trying to be snippy, just curious.

From Indy's first years all the way through the late 1980's, Indy was the one race that ALL the racers showed up for. To win Indy, you knew you had beaten the absolute best racers from all the states. From California, Oregon, Washington State all the way to Maine, Jersey, NC, SC, Florida and Texas. The entire North American "drag racing world" showed up for Indy. The same could not be said for any Pomona race or the Gators.
It's as Roger Gates said, qualifying was unreal and just to qualify for Indy meant you were one of the 16 best in the country and you didn't want to be one of the 44 cars that towed home without making a pass in Monday's eliminations.
Unfortunately, now a team can qualify #16 at Indy with nobody behind them in T/F or F/C. It's a different drag racing world now for many reasons. The folks that now think of Indy as just another race probably weren't around for it's glory days.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back