Indy 2021 (1 Viewer)

mick

Nitro Member
a little late for 'stockers to the lanes' at the Big Go.......stock and super stock Q1 posted. Q2 to follow, then bragging rights; class trophies this afternoon.
bucket list to be there on wednesday some year soon. looks like perfect weather for this 5 day event. Jegs all-stars highlighting friday.
following as much media as i can find for next 5 days. thank you to everyone who provides expanded coverage of this big race.

#1 stock Q at BIR was corey hopkins and his beautiful '69 dart
1 5018 G/SA Corey Hopkins, North Branch MN, '69 Dart 11.010 12.00 -0.990

today stock Q1 he misses #1 spot by a thou
2 5018 G/SA Corey Hopkins, North Branch MN, '69 Dart 10.947 12.00 -1.053

great air this morning. read there was a little headwind though, so not ultra fast. AHFS this year. i wonder if it will effect anyone trying to win class?

Last edited:
Heading down there tomorrow morning, not liking the latest weather forecast I saw. I better pack plenty of beer, this might a be a Maple Grove kind of day.

Few years ago I returned to Indy for the whole week; just ended a tour nearby and decided to hit the Big Go for the first time since the 80s...

To spend entire days in the stands watching Class racing at the best race of the year - solo - was the best vacation I've ever given myself.

Unfortunately, they will be drying the track during that small window. Sure doesn't look like we will see pro racing today. I hope I'm wrong.
I was thinking the same thing. It usually takes at least an hour to dry, and that small window looks to be less than an hour.

I was thinking the same thing. It usually takes at least an hour to dry, and that small window looks to be less than an hour.
Looking at the weather map, it looks like that window has come and gone, with rain until at least 8:30 Indy time. Maybe with Monday available, they would move the rest of today to tomorrow, and tomorrows schedule to Monday, like a traditional US Nationals.

Looking at the weather map, it looks like that window has come and gone, with rain until at least 8:30 Indy time. Maybe with Monday available, they would move the rest of today to tomorrow, and tomorrows schedule to Monday, like a traditional US Nationals.
I think they would just run eliminations tomorrow. People who have today tickets would be eligible for a credit. People with Sunday tickets are expecting to see eliminations so it would screw them. Then they would have light crowd on Monday. Plus a lot of extra cost to the teams to stay over another night. If they don't run today and they do run elims Sunday, there are several big names in fuel not qualified.

If they run the event as usual and today is a rainout then the fields would be set by yesterday's runs and the race would be held tomorrow. Could the race be postponed until Monday if tomorrow is a rainout also - possibly but there is a race next weekend and from what Alan has provided on how much time the Safety Safari needs to get set up and prepare the track who knows...

I am sure they will provide an updated schedule for tomorrow. Anyone know where this would be published? I can never seem to find such updates.

What a great race to attend 1 qualifying session! LOL 😂
I know you can’t control the weather still sucks! Last season they dam near ran the entire season at Indy! Wish they would stop how special it is to be back when they really never left!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back