In the booth with Mike Dunn? (1 Viewer)

Fast455

Nitro Member
Has anyone heard who will share announcing duties with Mike Dunn in 2007? I'm seriously hoping that if Marty doesn't return, they put Dave R. or "our" Alan in there. Bill Stephens would also be good - just curious...

Linda
aka Fast455

Man you must live in a cave, you should have been able to hear the uproar in there even LOL. Evidently they dont care what the thousands of fans who e-mailed them complaining think. If the guy just had a little personality it helps one in forgiving that he does not give a tinkers damn about drag racing. We'll just have to suffer till they boot him and hope for someone mildly knowlegable about drag racing comes along!! no hate, just an opinion.

Man you must live in a cave, you should have been able to hear the uproar in there even LOL. Evidently they dont care what the thousands of fans who e-mailed them complaining think. If the guy just had a little personality it helps one in forgiving that he does not give a tinkers damn about drag racing. We'll just have to suffer till they boot him and hope for someone mildly knowlegable about drag racing comes along!! no hate, just an opinion.

oh you didn't get the memo then. The chase for the countdown, Paul Page, 85% nitro...the powers that be have made it known that what the fans want is not important.

I actually think this could help in the long haul. With Page the ratings should dive, hell even a diehard fan like me resorted to taping the races and watching it in fast foward, stopping for interviews or just using mute when he was talking. If the rating drops maybe in 2008 we'll get back to having a real championship again and no Page in the booth. I'd love for them to give Alan or Rief (sp)a shot at it

oh you didn't get the memo then. The chase for the countdown, Paul Page, 85% nitro...the powers that be have made it known that what the fans want is not important.

I actually think this could help in the long haul. With Page the ratings should dive, hell even a diehard fan like me resorted to taping the races and watching it in fast foward, stopping for interviews or just using mute when he was talking. If the rating drops maybe in 2008 we'll get back to having a real championship again and no Page in the booth. I'd love for them to give Alan or Rief (sp)a shot at it
I missed the memo, musta been at a race. LOL I also fast forward through the parts where he is babbling on, its the only way you can stand it.

when paul returned to NHRA last year, i really tried to stand behind him,
having enjoyed the sports cavalcade shows from the 80's; but
against marty reid there is really no comparison.
i'm not sure either why espn does not put existing drag racing personalities
in the booth with mike dunn?
i'm really glad mike is still announcing.
i would like to see brett kepner in the booth.

Has anyone heard who will share announcing duties with Mike Dunn in 2007? I'm seriously hoping that if Marty doesn't return, they put Dave R. or "our" Alan in there. Bill Stephens would also be good - just curious...

Linda
aka Fast455

Linda,

You really need to check in more often. This topic has been beat to death in one or more threads since the 2007 schedule was announced, and as I was informed, Paul Page was on tap for all 23 races. Marty Reid is not going to bounce back and forth between IRL and NHRA like he did last year. I for one have no beef with Marty, but I do with Paul Page. I would much rather have ESPN put Dave Reif or Alan Reinhart in the booth with Mike Dunn as you suggested, or even more deserving would be Bob Frey.

Come and visit more often and enjoy the banter and some mud-slinging. :D

If I were the NHRA brass, I'd pissed as hell to think that Paul Page was going to be the face of NHRA in the annoucers booth! He doesn't know the sport! It's like looking an English Bull Dog! He's just plain bad all around.

Even as "pretty" as Mike Dunn is (LOL) it would take 100 of him to make up for that mug on Mr. Page.

No offense to our buddy Mr. Reinhart, but Dave Rieff would be a great choice.

I would rather Mike Dunn have no one to talk to in the booth than have Paul Page. That voice annoys me more than my niece when she sees me eating ice cream. :D

its been common knowledge that NHRA fits the bill for the airing of the telecasts... may be they got a price break for taking Page off their (espn's) hands..... after watchng a couple broadcasts of IRL races and listening to him mess those up as well.. i got to believe he's got a contract and they (espn) couldn't get out of and had to do something with him..... the NHRA couldn't have taken him willingly.. at least i hope not......

Bob Frey is there give him a raise and let him ca TV also.......

Billy

I know it's been widely assumed that PP will be with us for the whole season, but has it offically been announced? Both DRO and Comp plus had it under the rumor section. I know I'm still in denial, but I haven't seen an offical word.

I know it's been widely assumed that PP will be with us for the whole season, but has it offically been announced? Both DRO and Comp plus had it under the rumor section. I know I'm still in denial, but I haven't seen an offical word.

I'm with you Brian. Until I see it announced... deny, deny, deny!!!!:D

As I've noted in every Page bash thread. I DON'T CARE!! They could have Beavis in the booth and I'm watching..period.

yeah Skuza is looking for work.....maybe during oil downs he could tell you how to hop up the pick up truck....lol

Billy

Dang! I check in just about every day and just figured that any thread with Page's name in it was a the same old thing. I was hoping since nothing has shown up in the Dragster, etc. maybe it isn't a done deal. (I'll be denial along with a couple of others here. And, hey, I completely forgot about Skuza! He's knowledgeable about the sport, has a proven co-host track record (no pun intended) and would work well with Mike.

First the countdown - now this. 2007 is going to be a LONG year... :(

Linda
aka Fast455

Skuza and Dunn in the booth?? How about a Mullet Bro reunion? That could be comically entertaining as well as very informative. Now if we could just get Spike TV to do the broadcasts an forget ESPN

give SPEED a shot.... they could take off 10 of "Whips" shows they air a day and make room........lol

Billy

Sorry Billy but with COX cable "SPEED" Channel costs more and I never got to see the IHRA the whole 6 months I paid extra for it. Guess I should bought a TV guide so I coulda taped it. Seems they only showed the IHRA at 3am on different days. That's the only thing good about ESPN2 is you knew you could see the finals on SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY.... Might be an hour late because the Hopscotch Madness ran over though. :) ;) :cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back