IHRA not happy about boycott (1 Viewer)

I don't blame the IHRA for being angry one bit.

Things are tight everywhere, the racers want more money, the ticket sales are down and everyone is trying to plea their case.

I do not agree one bit on the boycott. As a past IHRA Pro Stock racer, most of the guys who started the boycott could have buried me in the finance department yet they complain about going to Edmonton. What is funny is Robert Patrick said in his interview they would wind up upside down if they went to Edmonton? Isn't that the case at every event? You could win every race and the Championship in both IHRA or NHRA Pro Stock and still have a checkbook that is in the red. That is the truth no matter what anyone tells you. You can't win enough money to cover the expenses for the year in any sanction body. You need deep pockets or a sponsor to remove the financial burden of racing at the Professional level.

The real answer is we don't want to spend the money to go there...period, not we don't have it or we won't profit on our trip. Some of the IHRA Pro Stock Racers spend anywhere from 200K to 750K to race a year, so if it cost them 208K to 758K would that put them in a financial hardship, I don't think so.

IHRA is fighting the econcomic problems as well as the racers but the boycott wasn't the way to go, it was a slap in the face. IHRA has to deal with the higher plane fares, diesel prices, hotel prices, food costs, etc...just as the racers do. This reminds me of a employee-employer squable. The racer (employee) wants more money the sanction body (employer) is getting hit with higher costs, less revenue and the racer(employee) wants more money. I hope it all works out in the end. I would like to return to IHRA someday, hopefully there is a class to race in if the day comes I can return to IHRA Pro Stock.

As a side note, Edmonton is no further than going to Seattle, WA for the NHRA race if you are coming from the Eastern part of the states. These are hard times for everyone, I hope everyone realizes that and things smooth out from here.

Tony

Thanks Tony. I don't think it gets any more level-headed than that. As an Edmonton area fan and racer, I know I appreciate every car that rolls through those gates, whether they are from Edmonton, Alaska or Florida. Hope to see you in the future, we miss you out there!

Jeremy MacKenzie

I don't blame the IHRA for being angry one bit.

Things are tight everywhere, the racers want more money, the ticket sales are down and everyone is trying to plea their case.

I do not agree one bit on the boycott. As a past IHRA Pro Stock racer, most of the guys who started the boycott could have buried me in the finance department yet they complain about going to Edmonton. What is funny is Robert Patrick said in his interview they would wind up upside down if they went to Edmonton? Isn't that the case at every event? You could win every race and the Championship in both IHRA or NHRA Pro Stock and still have a checkbook that is in the red. That is the truth no matter what anyone tells you. You can't win enough money to cover the expenses for the year in any sanction body. You need deep pockets or a sponsor to remove the financial burden of racing at the Professional level.

The real answer is we don't want to spend the money to go there...period, not we don't have it or we won't profit on our trip. Some of the IHRA Pro Stock Racers spend anywhere from 200K to 750K to race a year, so if it cost them 208K to 758K would that put them in a financial hardship, I don't think so.

IHRA is fighting the econcomic problems as well as the racers but the boycott wasn't the way to go, it was a slap in the face. IHRA has to deal with the higher plane fares, diesel prices, hotel prices, food costs, etc...just as the racers do. This reminds me of a employee-employer squable. The racer (employee) wants more money the sanction body (employer) is getting hit with higher costs, less revenue and the racer(employee) wants more money. I hope it all works out in the end. I would like to return to IHRA someday, hopefully there is a class to race in if the day comes I can return to IHRA Pro Stock.

As a side note, Edmonton is no further than going to Seattle, WA for the NHRA race if you are coming from the Eastern part of the states. These are hard times for everyone, I hope everyone realizes that and things smooth out from here.

Tony
Your Right!!!
Seattle is actully further.! Edmonton treats the Pro racers like houseguests-Im proud to say!!!!! The reason everybody drives the distance is the commitment of 'The boys involved" - ...Rob, Ron,.. KNOW how its done.
Spent $100k on a track that was a pool table already!
KUDO's to Rob Reeves and (the REAL big daddy-In Canada - with respect!!!)
RON HODGSON for holding the event they always do!!!!!!!!!!!
Screw the rain............It was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back