If You Listen to ESPN's Colin Cowherd.... (1 Viewer)

Bullard Anderson

Nitro Member
....on Monday you'll probably hear this:

"In the first hour, I'm going to tell you how Brady Quinn will play himself back into the Heisman race, and why Charlie Weis is still the best Coach in College Football."

I liked Cowherd when he came to ESPN, but his HOMER VOICE for the Yankees, Trojans, and Irish just kill me.

I used to listen to espn radio during the day but can't stand him and haven't turned in on in months...even during other times of the day. Once I stopped I just stopped

They took Rome out of my market about 3 years ago! I'd like to have him back. BTW, at 10:50am EST, Colin was telling us how the Yankees can't lose. Jackass!

I can't listen to Rome either. To much ego. I've heard you have to give him a week or two and I've done that.

Part of it is the Whole Jim/Chris Everitt thing from years ago,

Part of it is the Whole Jim/Chris Everitt thing from years ago,
lol :D Now that was classic!! Rome has toned down from back then believe it or not. But I totally get that many, many folks don't care for him. My wife can't stand him one bit. He cracks me up when I listen to him, if I'm in my car passer byers(sp?) look at me like I'm nuts because I'm laughing so hard I'm in tears sometimes.:p

I like Pappa Joe too, but Pappa can't stand Rome either.
:)

lol :D Now that was classic!! Rome has toned down from back then believe it or not. But I totally get that many, many folks don't care for him. My wife can't stand him one bit. He cracks me up when I listen to him, if I'm in my car passer byers(sp?) look at me like I'm nuts because I'm laughing so hard I'm in tears sometimes.:p

I like Pappa Joe too, but Pappa can't stand Rome either.
:)

I'm with you. I like Rome a lot and listen every day. He is very, very funny but also THE best interviewer out there IMO. I can see why some people don't like him but I think the ego thing is also a joke to him. I think much of it is tongue-in-cheek.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back