I Met Hip In Indy (1 Viewer)

nitro-trucker

Nitro Member
I had a little talk witk the HIP. We talked about trucking and health. He told me that he was very thankful to Whit & Alan for a great time.

Jay,

Jerry Gilles and I met him as well. We made a point to stop by Whit's area to try to find him and luckily for us we found him after Sunday's second session.

Roger, if you read this.......it was GREAT to finally meet you. Hang in there, my friend......drag racing needs a guy like you. Glad you had a great time. :D

I too, am grateful for Whit and Alan for their generosity. Hip's a great friend (through the Mater) and it's quite exciting to see him have such a great time as a celebrity's guest.
Way to go Whit, Alan and Hipster!

Glad to see other people got to meet him, when I talked to him he said I was the only one to stop. He is a cool guy.

Jay, thanks for posting about your meeting with Hip, and glad he enjoyed his time with Whit. Bummer about him not getting to meet too many Mater's while in Whit's pit, but as you and I both know, it seems like Whit isn't the most well liked Funny Car driver on the 'Mater. There are a faithful handfull, maybe two handfulls, but I suspect he has many more detractors than fans, sorry to say. I'm on the fan side along with Hip, Drew, Alan Barrett (obviously) and Doc/Bobby, and a good bunch more. Drew, I'm glad you and Jerry Giles managed to get over to Whit's pit and meet Hip. I'm sure he enjoyed that as much as you did.

I also got to meet Hip. He flagged me down to introduce himself. We had talked on the phone a couple of times, and it was great to put a face with the name. Glad to hear you had a good time Rog. I hope our paths cross again soon.

Alan

Alan I was going to tell everyone about meeting you but I didn't want to start a whole new thread on it. This thread gives me the perfect opportunity to tell about it. I intended to find you somehow while I was there to personally thank you for the phone call while I was in the hospital & tell you how much it meant to me. Those phone calls from you & Whit were the medicine I needed to lift me up at a particularly bad time. I was so glad to run into you when I did, it started what turned out to be one of, if not the, best National's experiences I have ever had. Getting to meet Jerry, Drew & Nitrohauler was over the top. I know I've said this before but it's so true. I feel humbled & blessed to know all of you guys & gals. To see the kindness of people like you all is so heartwarming at this time that again I am truly at a loss for words.
From the bottom of my heart, I love you all & may God bless you all as you have blessed me.:D ..............."HIP"

You are a celebrity Hip! :D Well, I didn't meet Hip but I stood next to him in the hospitality tent on many occasions Sunday and Monday. He was always busy hobnobbin with Whit and the guys so I didn't want to bother him. ;)

Ginger, I can't believe that there is some poor soul runnin' around that looks as bad as I do but I wasn't there Monday. If you did see me Sunday I wish you would have tapped me on the shoulder so that we could have talked some. It would have been no bother at all, it would have been my pleasure. Maybe if next year works out I'll get to meet a lot more of you folks. That would be great..........."HIP"

Well, it was Sunday then. My mind was not all there that weekend :D I recognize ya from the pic though. ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back