I got Matt Hagan some pub!!! (1 Viewer)

Bullard Anderson

Nitro Member
Some of you may know I work in TV/radio and ranch down here in SC. I made a call to my good friend news anchor Bob Grebe at WDBJ Ch. 7 (NBC) up in Roanoke, VA last week and told him about Hagan, and that of course Matt lives just down the road from Roanoke, VA.

Bob's a well seasoned NHRA guy but didn't know Hagan lived so close to Roanoke. "Somebody in the sports dept. has got to get the kid on camera", I said. Matt and I are alot alike except I don't drive a Funny Car!

Bob relayed the messase to the Sports guys, they wrapped a shoot, put together the package, and sent it to air. You can find it on the sports section below. Hope it works. Also WDBJ7 Roanoke News and Weather NRV Lynchburg Danville | - Home

Pop Up Video

Some of you may know I work in TV/radio and ranch down here in SC. I made a call to my good friend news anchor Bob Grebe at WDBJ Ch. 7 (NBC) up in Roanoke, VA last week and told him about Hagan, and that of course Matt lives just down the road from Roanoke, VA.

Bob's a well seasoned NHRA guy but didn't know Hagan lived so close to Roanoke. "Somebody in the sports dept. has got to get the kid on camera", I said. Matt and I are alot alike except I don't drive a Funny Car!

Bob relayed the messase to the Sports guys, they wrapped a shoot, put together the package, and sent it to air. You can find it on the sports section below. Hope it works. Also WDBJ7 Roanoke News and Weather NRV Lynchburg Danville | - Home

Pop Up Video

Thanks for the hook up Steve. This is the kind of spot the the PR department Should be doing.

d'kid

That's awesome, man - and proof that this is indeed a group participation sport. Don't think that YOU can't help your favorite driver in some way. It's all about networking. Any good PR person will tell you that. Someone always knows someone. If every fan who truly cared about the sport went out & did that, I think we'd see alot more interest in sponsoring drivers.

Thumbs up steve for a nice hook up for Matt and nhra drag racing. Good press like that is great for the sport.

Why should NHRA do that? Isn't Sears paying for the exposure?

Only for a Sears/Diehard Commercial, which this isn't...

It's a Human interest story, local boy does good, that is a promo piece for the Track(Bristol) and Race(NHRA) This Weekend. It's a great change from the typical 30 second NHRA Crash and Burn type spot that you may catch on local TV only a week before an event.

That should be good enough for a fellow rancher (Hagan) to buy you a beer or three, right Steve?

In any event, well played sir!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back