How slick will the Dallas track be in 95 degree temps? (1 Viewer)

DanTheFan

Nitro Member
I think Dalllas is concrete. With air temps really hot, can we expect a lot of non-full pulls or does the concrete help? I don’t want to get NHRA tv if it’s a slip fest.

T/AD just ran their first Q session, and lots of really good runs. First 2 cars at 5.18 and Rachel Meyer ran 283.67. TA/FC a little slower.

When this track first opened, Darrell Gwynn ran 5.28 at around 276, quickets & fastest ever back then, and that was Friday Q. Temp was hot that day but boy did they run.

I'm guessing the prepped the hell out of that track in light of this special week long event - normally, ambient temps that high and the resulting 140+ track temps result in a lot more aborted passes than they had today, concrete or not. I attended one of those a few years back; it was so hot that in Q1 a mid 6 put you in the top half of the TF field and the evening session saw track temps still around 135. A gorilla track today once the sun went down, as witnessed by Force's 3.63/335 and more than one side-by-side 330+ in FC.

Every track should have 2 night sessions. Yes, I know it’s harder on crews but they’re in the entertainment business. And some tracks have noise restrictions. But for fans, most Saturday sessions are throwaways for great racing.

I just wish NHRA would go with a race in late spring or early summer that runs eliminations at night. Instead of doing the Vegas four wide in April, do it Memorial Day weekend with night qualifying on Friday and Saturday night with Sunday night finals. Could possibly do a live finals on Fox. Nothing is more spectacular than nitro at night.

I'm guessing the prepped the hell out of that track in light of this special week long event - normally, ambient temps that high and the resulting 140+ track temps result in a lot more aborted passes than they had today, concrete or not. I attended one of those a few years back; it was so hot that in Q1 a mid 6 put you in the top half of the TF field and the evening session saw track temps still around 135. A gorilla track today once the sun went down, as witnessed by Force's 3.63/335 and more than one side-by-side 330+ in FC.
Not really, the track prep has been more aggressive since around July. Also with this time of year, the track doesn't see as much sun because the days are shorter. The lower dew points help too.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back